ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rubber around spark plug help!

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
Car is spluttering like a misfire, read about it, clios prone to coil packs failing! Got a new one sitting here. Went to change it and notice that cyl3 is well and truly fucked.

56958d78-600b-9488.jpg

As you can see the end of the coil has snapped off and is stuck around the spark plug!!

Any ideas how to get this out? I've tried a metal coathanger with no luck, any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers

Clio 1.2 16v
deffinetly need to change that coil pack they are prone to going on most cars very designs especiallt pencil coils like on the renault sports.......get some very long nose pliers just pop down to baq or halfords they should do the trick or 2 flat bladed screwdrivers either side of the plug squeeze together and pull ;)

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
Cheers m8 I got some long nose but not long enough!! I got the majority of it out but just a lil bit left around the bottom now :/

1.5dci
haha !! i did this to mine today !! the new plugs i got were out of the 3 sets for the 1.2 the most expensive ones too ... still got 15£ discount .. but still 30 quid lol

you need some really long nose plyers - i thought mine were long but my mate had longer ones

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
I couldn't find none in halfords will have to look at work tomorrow but if I can't find none I'm gonna take it to the garage to sort.