ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rumble/grind when hard cornering (172)

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
i've noticed it on the road a little but when i did oulton park the other day it was really bad,whenever i go through a tight left hand corner i get the grinding as if i've got a flat tyre,i've swapped the wheel round so its not that i've had the wheel bearing changed and its not that so what does everyone think it may be?driveshaft,cv joint,engine mount,strut top mount?

Lionel Richie
i could hear that as you drove off, i thought it was knackered pads at first

without looking at it it could be anything you've listed!

whats the milage?

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
that was the anti squeel plates fred it had moved and was touching the disc i got a few funny looks on the way home its only done 12 thousand mile

Lionel Richie
ah thats what it was! ha! i always remove them as they do bugger all anyway

you haven't bent the wheel or anything?

its unlikley to be wheel bearing to be honnest

engine mounts suck
driveshaft/s - outer CV's, the gaitors fall off and drop grease EVERYWHERE

you have coilovers IIRC?? knackered top mount is very possible

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
FredYozzasport said:
ah thats what it was! ha! i always remove them as they do bugger all anyway

you haven't bent the wheel or anything?

its unlikley to be wheel bearing to be honnest

engine mounts suck
driveshaft/s - outer CV's, the gaitors fall off and drop grease EVERYWHERE

you have coilovers IIRC?? knackered top mount is very possible

i've got h&r's fred it has had the turrets ground out due to the knocking before i owned the car i hope its nothing to do with that as i'll have to have it welded up and re-shaped,the top engine mount looks like its dropped

172 cup'd extreme
i tried EVERYTHING top mounts. anti roll bar bush, top bearings still rumbled i tightened the wishbone nuts up and it went away but came back so i replaced the wishbones and it hasnt come back note: do not buy poly-bushes they are crap and squeek like fook, a wishbone from renault will cost you £50 and comes with a new ball joint, i bought pattern parts £57 for 2 no complaints either

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
cheers for your help jon,i'm gonna get it up in the air tomorrow and check everything,i've been told the gearbox mount can work loose