ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Running like a pig

Clio 172 Cup
Hey guyz. I've been having this issue for a while now where the car just seems to run like a bag of bolts. Its a clio 172 cup. On idle it will hunt up and down the rev range slightly and when im driving along at slower speeds it accelerates and decelerates on its own, almost like there is a blockage somewhere. Changing gear is jerky because every gear seems to have a different power point on the throttle. and the exhaust tends to pop as well. Something I've just recently noticed is that when i put petrol in it, no matter what amount, it completely fixes the problem and the car runs almost perfectly. I don't really know anything about cars, but could that be a spark plug problem ?

172 Cup
Hi mate, sounds a little bit like what I was having - does it sort itself out when the cars warmed up or is it a constant thing?? Just to rule it out, listen for your fuel pump priming when you turn the ignition 2 clicks - you should hear a buzz from under the back seat, if not then there probably isn't the correct pressure in the fuel lines, hence the spluttering feeling as the pump tries to catch up (opinion!). Reason I suspect it might be that is I had that exact problem and recently cured it - see http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=518293

Vw caddy tdi
Sounds like fuel pressure to me too, fault read for codes will point you to right area/system.

Clio 172 Cup
Listened for it today mate. Sounds exactly like your problem. It doesnt prime the fuel the first turn of the ignition but it does there after.

Clio 172 Cup
sounds similar to the problems I've been having - have been advised it may an injector & its booked in on Wednesday to find out... Already changed plugs & HT leads & cleaned TDC sensor & throttle body.

172 Cup
If your both having the fuel pump problem can I push you in the direction of the Renault software update - if you read http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=518293 I have explained my experience, basically Renault release software updates to improve various aspects of the car, turns out mine had completely missed out on any updates so took a full 20 minute programme when Renault plugged their diag box into it. Good luck!

Renault Megane R26
Can i go to renault and ask for this?? Or where can I get the updates and equipment to do this??

What cost would I be looking at.