ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ_16v's ITB'd & Caged 182 Track Car (Was Crispy's)

TrackCar & F30 330d
I think I'm just gona keep it looking like it is for now. The CF bonnet will be going on soon I'm still looking for a fibre glass boot and I'll be buying a full set of plastic windows for the car too. After I've used all the life out if the slicks then I'll get the wheels powder coated but that won't be until the end of the year.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Also I heat wrapped my manifold the other day so here's a iPhone picture.

Just need spraying to make it not soak up fluids that might drip on it, i bought it from Nimbus Motorsport and it was the bargin of the century. I <3 Nimbus Motorsport :)

2fff730e.jpg

TrackCar & F30 330d
I prefer the look of areo catches to those pins but we'll see when I get the boot. I really need to stop spending money on these things and just get the car finished and get it out on the track. I just can't help buying things :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Yes but it's the same pins for areo catches anyway.But yes,stop dicking around with the car and get on with it.

I do need a kick up the ar** really, I just need a 172 cup master cylinder and I can finish the brakes and then just need to fit my old loom make my new OMEX one and then just put all the little bits back on. I've been at this stage for ages :( I have been fixing a Ferrari and stripping dads Aston down too so I have been a busy boy!!

TrackCar & F30 330d
I can't see the video as I'm on my iPhone. I'll try getting lots done this weekend. Fingers crossed. Dave I do wana see your car when it's done so I'll have to pop round after work or something :)

Oh and Mike I am the servant lol

BMW Z4
Loving this car Chrispy. Are you going to join us in TDT this year? Less than two weeks now to my long weekend and rebuild. 4 whole days of garage heaven :) What you gonna spray the mani with to stop the soak?

TrackCar & F30 330d
Yeah I'll let you know dave :)

I will be entering the car into a race series in a year or two.

I bought a thermo tech heat wrap kit which comes with enough wrap to wrap a 4-2-1 mani, 6 metal tip ties ( which isn't enough) and 500ml of special spray which you spray over the manifold after it's wrapped and it seals the wrap.

182cup & 172 racecar
The only thing with wrapping a manifold is that any oil leak etc gets on it,then,FIRE!
Best ti get them coated,but thats expensive.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Zirotec coat a 182 size mani for about £350.00 last time I checked, worth it for the lack of risk alone.

Its very expensive, maybe on my next track/race car i will send my manifold off to them but for now i'll stick with this.

I did hear about the old oil on the wrap, but i thought that was the whole point of the spray, it seals the wrap so it cant soak up fluids as much. If theres enough oil on the wrap to set on fire then the engines probably gone pop. and in that case i'll build a new one.

Also £350 is a full set of plastic windows so i'll do thats at some point.

Is your race car finished yet Tom??? ;)

No, I just have a heap of kit :(. It's currently having the cage gusseted to the A pillars, but Electronics, Intake, Diff & all the other associated bits and bobs are sorted.

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
try these for coating manifold www.woof-tmt.com a friend had an evo manifold done and recommended the work and service. Bradford based so quite far but sure if price is right would be worth it

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
Insane amounts of dedication - a very impressive project! Just looked through all the 62 pages, lol, but has given me some ideas...

Looks best with black wheels and no stickers IMO :)

Looking forward to the next installment!

TrackCar & F30 330d
A fire extinguisher is on my to buy list but not getting it Plummed in just gona have it strapped to the cage of the floor

AUDI A5 s-sline
This has come on a long way since I last read it mate, such an awesome car and so much work gone into it, given me some ideas if I ever get a 1*2. Lol. :)
I dot think you will ever way to sell it with the 1000000 man hours you have put in :eek: