ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

S1 Rallye

Inferno 182 & Saxo
16v in these are awesome. Going to be difficult to go back to 1.3 as they are rare engines now but whatever, the 16v TU is a better engine and more fun and who can blame anyone for more power but keeping standard looks

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I completely missed this, is this to replace the Corrado?

I think get the Saxo for the engine too.

Yeah, I just used to clean the corrado and not drive it whereas I clean this one and occasionally drive it. The dub scene wasn't for me tbh, is all about air and static lows now which I'm not really into.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
This is the spec on the paxo;

It has had a new re-built vts engine put in June 2013 with a lot of upgrades

Mileage:57000 chasis - New engine 6000 from june 2013 till now
MOT:November
Tax:May
Full Service History:Yes
V5 Registration Document Present:yes

Specs engine: 181bhp
Emerald k6 ecu
80mm forged pistons
Catcams 737
Clio 182 injectors
AT power ITB
Uprated engine mount x3
supersprint manifold
Magnex back box
Quaiffe diff

Yeah, I just used to clean the corrado and not drive it whereas I clean this one and occasionally drive it. The dub scene wasn't for me tbh, is all about air and static lows now which I'm not really into.
Fair play dude, the pug looks awesome!!

Engine spec on the Saxo is lovely, I'd get it for sure :)

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Bad day today;

C9F7D83F-0E72-4322-B4FC-490521B5245E_zpsi3iit9ac.jpg

590ED5F8-588F-45AD-8297-88B886733F18_zpsd6wpc0rh.jpg

347E595E-65E5-46B3-A4BF-4DA77EBBC7D7_zpspttg0nd2.jpg

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Sh1t! That could of been very nasty, take it you weren't going that fast at the time? I'd be having words with the guy you bought it off tbh, assume they've just used a normal low tensile strength bolt instead of a proper pinch bolt?
russ

Clio 172
I spotted this on the rallye FB group this morning. Thought it was yours. Doesn't look too bad to be honest, what's the top mount area of the inner wing like and any damage to the sump/gearbox? Biggest pain in the arse is the paint for the wing, getting that to match, sorting out the arch faring, i bet some of the teeth have snapped off! And then the time messing about to fix it.

Could have been really nasty though, you got away fairly lightly. I would be digging back through the cars history to see if/when the pinch bolts were messed with. Thing with these cars is the history is pretty much all documented online in the forum and register. Glad you were ok though pal!

Jack

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
I spotted this on the rallye FB group this morning. Thought it was yours. Doesn't look too bad to be honest, what's the top mount area of the inner wing like and any damage to the sump/gearbox? Biggest pain in the arse is the paint for the wing, getting that to match, sorting out the arch faring, i bet some of the teeth have snapped off! And then the time messing about to fix it.

Could have been really nasty though, you got away fairly lightly. I would be digging back through the cars history to see if/when the pinch bolts were messed with. Thing with these cars is the history is pretty much all documented online in the forum and register. Glad you were ok though pal!

Jack

It had new genuine pug pinch bolts last time I had it in bits when I owned it as I don't cut corners when building my cars. I believe the guy that bought it from me has had the gearbox out so its obviously been done then.
Russ

Inferno 182 & Saxo
what had they used instead of a pinch bolt then?
Wing is going to be a pain to get hold of/replace/paint match. other stuff shouldnt be too much of a problem if it hasnt damaged the s1 box (if its running that). Probably damaged the brake lines too I'd imagine

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
This almost happened to me when I first bought mine, luckily it fell out at 2mph pull on to the driveway.

I saw this on FB last night, glad everyone is ok.

I have spare lower arm and struts if you need some cheap.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Topped up all the fluids today and went out for a drive. Looked behind to see a big cloud of smoke and my lovely fresh gearbox oil shat itself all over the place!

31A7C0B5-5323-4B0E-880E-CB645C0A051D_zps3tsuthhb.jpg

DAE22139-2A31-4DD2-9715-3FF133748106_zpsododuokl.jpg

She's certainly a challenge!!!

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Good old French hot hatches, bad luck mate hope u get it all sorted its a cool little car.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
How come it dumped its gearbox oil again mate, cracked casing or out of the diff/driveshaft area?
russ

I think it was an oversight by the lad sorting it mate. He was doing it late on and didn't want to bang the seal on for fear of waking my kids up! All sorted now though and running sweet.