ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sam's RB 182 FF

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Hi had my Racing Blue 182 with both cup packs for a couple of weeks now, and totally loving it! It's a great performance upgrade from my 1.2 8v Punto! Although I do love Italian styling, the value for money of a 2nd hand 182 was rediculous! Plus I used to race karts so I wanted something that handled more like a kart, but that can still be used comfortably everyday. Nothing else does it better than the 182 for me!

She's bog standard at the moment, and in fantastic condition. Paintwork is like new.

IMG-0764.jpg

IMG-0768.jpg

IMG-0767.jpg

I want to do a few things finish the car off, including:

-Change aerial as the current aftermarket one gets crap signal even in central London!
-Tidy up engine bay and paint engine cover
-Fit some mats before the carpet wears out!
-Fit headunit with Aux in and upgrade speakers as the current ones are shocking!
-Change sidelights to whiter bulb
-Fit silvatecs all round
-Fit 3/4 size front plate (hopefully a private reg!)
-Fit missing front Cup splitter
-Fit an RS192 catback exhaust

I think I'd be completely happy with the car once those little things are done, love the performance and impressed with the fuel consumption although I didn't buy the car to save fuel ha! Wanting to do a track day in the near future too.

Any advice on other ways of improving the car with a low budget would be appreciated too :)

Last edited:
  BG 182
looking good so far mate, have you got intentions to go lower? Sportlines would be a cert! Not as pricey as coileys either

130i Road, 172 Track
Mate, nice pick up. Have a browse through the media section - there's lots of little bits and bobs you can do for not much money. As above I would add Eibach Sportlines to the list for a good compromise between looks and handling :cool:

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Cheers guys! Yeah I used to have the Punto lowered 50mm on springs, and loved the stance but carrying passengers on the motorway became an issue so I thought I'd leave the lowering on the Clio. Unless the Eibach's aren't so bad with a few passengers? I know coilies would probably be best for me since I could wind them up on normal driving but lower them for track days, but I can't let myself spend too much on the car ha! I'd definately have a set of Turini's/superleggeras on the wish list if my budget was bigger

Yeah Nick cannot wait, the BUKC is why I'm not letting myself spend too much on the Clio, as I need to save for that! 2 RB's side by side are gonna look sick ha

Cheers Elfy!

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Just a small update, done a few small things to the car including all round silvatecs, whiter sidelights, removed the security stickers and elf sticker, fitted my Pioneer head unit keeping the steering wheel controls (has drastically improved the crappy standard system so should do me for now), tailored carpets (plain black ones for £20 off ebay, brilliant quality!), fitted carbon fibre covered bullets (originals covered in carbon sheeting), painted the calipers orange (not sure if they'll stay this way, but they're growing on me!), polished up the exhaust tips and I've cleaned up the engine bay and sprayed the engine cover.

I've taken far too many pictures of her over the past couple weeks so this load are just a small few ha!

IMG-0814.jpg

IMG-0822.jpg

IMG-0821.jpg

IMG-0847.jpg

IMG-0839.jpg

Managed to lift an inside rear wheel a few times over the past few days, enjoying the car too much!

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Spent the last week refurbing a damaged set of Cup Turini's. I'm happy with the finished product, although I will definitely be getting them powdercoated next year as cleaning them with my current finish is gonna be a b**ch!

Love the look of the car though, looks more lively, much like it feels!

IMG-1081.jpg

IMG-1080.jpg

IMG-1089.jpg

IMG-1093.jpg

IMG-1094.jpg

IMG-1095.jpg

IMG-1090.jpg

IMG-1091.jpg

Speedlines with renault centre caps??!!
How did you manage that? I´ve always been told it´s not possible?

These are the 172 cup speedlines Chris, the actual "Speedline" ones (where I got yours from) wont fit the centre caps ;)

The cup wheels as per this thread have a wider offset which is why I went for the speedline ones (to stop rubbing asmuch)

There you go :)

Last edited:
  172 cup- suzu rf600r
I wouldn't bother lowering it mate, standards are becoming rarer and by my science therefor cooler lol

For the antenna if the signal is really crap (like mine) it's probably the base that needs replaced as it has a built in signal booster which is a fairly common fail

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Ooohh, the elf sticker is absolutely essential on Renaultsports! You'll be wanting another one.

Z4
These are the 172 cup speedlines Chris, the actual "Speedline" ones (where I got yours from) wont fit the centre caps ;)

The cup wheels as per this thread have a wider offset which is why I went for the speedline ones (to stop rubbing asmuch)

There you go :)

:( Got my hopes up there lol.

Cheers anyway Matt!

Clio 182 Cup
ive only had my 182 a couple of days and have the same plans as you, silvatecs, engine covers and stereo and speakers, would have loved one this colour, very nice

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Cheers guys I'm very happy with the outcome! Yeah Christopher's car was the inspiration to paint them white, his is perfect IMO. Agreed with the splitter and lowering needing to be done next, however I think I'll stick with the standard Cup springs for now since it's stiff enough for my uses. When (touch wood) I graduate from Uni, I'll look into lowering it as I will hopefully have an income to fund many trackdays!

Splitter up next, followed by a Scorpion cat back system I think! (The current exhaust is the original and is blowing slightly and scraped the last MOT!)

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
After this few I'm not gonna keep adding pics to this thread as they're all the same! I need to get some action pics next! But cleaned the car quickly today, so took a couple of snaps:

IMG-1182.jpg

IMG-1185.jpg

IMG-1187.jpg

Bog standard interior barring the orange tree and head unit. Think it'll be staying that way unles I get given a set of Trophy Recaro's ha. It's immaculate though!

IMG-1189.jpg

The bay is spotless, had painted the engine cover to match my old grey anth wheels, not only was the colour seriously off, but now I've sold the wheels! But I still think it looks better than standard. And polished the manifold, think I'll repaint the engine cover satin black, and then paint the Renault Sport on the manifold black/blue

IMG-1192.jpg

Pretty impressed with that figure ^^ considering the way I've been driving since I last topped up!

And I'm looking to buy a Yozza cat back system, would love to find a second hand one as I'm struggling to afford a new system, but they seem to be very rare!

Fiesta ST200
Love this mate.

I'm having the same dilemma as you, deciding wether to fit eibachs or not. Good choice of colour ;)

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Took the 182 for a quick spin on some country roads near me end of last week, these roads are Newall Carr road and the ones it leads onto just North of Otley if anyone is interested. Awesome and not busy at all. Wasn't pushing hard at all due to greasy conditions and not knowing the roads too well, but was fun and a good oppertunity to test out my MD80 cam. I was overusing engine breaking I know, my brakes were cooked and didn't last long at all so was trying to coast as much as possible into corners. Will be needing to invest in some better pads and discs soonish as these will not see survive a track day I think!

http://youtu.be/nQeDnXLxS5k

http://youtu.be/30Q9vxJ7ruY

Biggest problem with the camera is the battery life, it's like 10mins, it's flat after these two vids - cuts out on the 2nd vid when it goes flat. This is after like 8 hours of being charged. Anyone else have this issue?

Couple of pics from the day - nice and dirty to show how she's been used lately!

IMG-1223.jpg

IMG-1221.jpg

Last edited:

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
To be honest from what I've seen your RB was stunning! But my car is a daily so if I do change the setup I'll probs just stick a set of Eibachs on.

To be honest from what I've seen your RB was stunning! But my car is a daily so if I do change the setup I'll probs just stick a set of Eibachs on.

Eibach sportlines are the way to go mate.

Nice little drop (which after a few weeks is just right IMO) and great ride too.

Ill be putting sportlines on mine if I ever get another:)

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Not really a 'project' update but I've stuck my new private reg plates on (21st birthday and Christmas present combined) and really happy with it. Not only does it have my name, but I think the fewer digits make it look cleaner. Here's a couple crap iphone pics taken in the rain of Leeds!

IMG-1343.jpg

IMG-1346.jpg

Only update apart from the plates is the fitting of an LED rear numberplate light (the picture makes it look silly bright but it's just whiter than standard).

Oh and I've fitted my track rubber to my valver wheels and think I'll be plastidipping them orange to help the car fit in with the track environment. Here's a 2 minute PS jobbie for how they'll look:

Orange-valver-wheels-idea.jpg

Just need the new exhaust from BTM to be up for sale and then I can get to Bedford for my first track day!

Clio Sport 172
Have a look at the eibach pralines mate. Put them on my titanium 182 with the cup packs and the drop looks great. Only a few mm lower than standard and they feel way more progressive than the standard springs

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Nice dude, get yourself in the group buy i organised for the wheel bolts ;)

Those bolts are actually sexual! But I'm saving the pennies for the track days so will have to stick with my rusty originals for now :(

Have a look at the eibach pralines mate. Put them on my titanium 182 with the cup packs and the drop looks great. Only a few mm lower than standard and they feel way more progressive than the standard springs

Yeah they are a must do mod for me now, my shocks are pretty old so might have to do the whole lot. Looking to do the swap in summer, can't really afford them at the mo so will have to enjoy the body roll on my track day too!

Renault Traffic
that is mint mate :) having owned a 172 and 182 i now want a racing blue 182 :) best colour in my opinion :)

get some springs or coilies and will look even better ;)

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
After driving around with my blowing old standard exhaust system for 2 months, I fitted my new Ktec JP cat back system, and must say, it's awesome! It's probably a bit louder than I'd hoped at low revs, but it more than makes up for it when you give it some beans! Here's a cheeky vid I filmed today whilst home in sunny London for the weekend.

http://youtu.be/6DGCChE8pB0

I also had my HC Brembo discs and Ferodo DS3000s fitted to the front. I've barely bedded them in but they are brilliant. So much better than standard and I haven't even given them a proper test yet. They do squeak when I'm braking very lightly, but it just reminds me of a touring car pulling up to their grid spot ha.

And finally I removed the original Renault Sport badge and replaced the Clio badge with the 200 RS badge. I think it really cleans up the back end.

A few pics from my weekend:

IMG-1395.jpg

IMG-1414.jpg

IMG-1404.jpg

IMG-1407.jpg

Last edited:

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Thanks mate! Just driven 200 miles back up to Leeds and the exhaust was great, quietened right down when sat at 70. Loving it!

Fiesta ST200
Sounds insane. Not only have I been convinced into buying eibach sportlines.

But now buying a yozza/jp as opposed to my milltek.

Awesome work, lovely car.

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Cheers mate! It did take a good hour to get it sitting straight as it shifted a couple mm when hot, but think it's in a good position now. Not mm perfect, but very close!