ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sandero Build

2010 Renault Sandero
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the Forum....i relaise that it is a Forum for mainly Clio's but i'm needing advice.
I'm South African, i own a 2010 Renault (Dacia) Sandero 1.6.
I'm wanting to make it a Track/Drag Car...in saying this i want to keep it road worthy, i don't want a trailer car.
Now, unfortunatley living in sunny SA, we are limited to parts and Renault tuners.
My car has the 1.6 K4M Motor and is stock standard.
Will it be worth my while to keep the K4M 1.6 and modify it or swop it out for a renault Turbo engine.
I'm needing advice on the whole lot, from engine, brakes,suspension etc.
I've had a look on the K-Tec Racing website, they don't list much.
I've also had look at the Laguna LX7 V6 motor, it will fit....but will it curb the car negatively with the added weight.
i don't have a massive budget, but i want to utilise as many Renault parts as possible for the build.

Thanks guys,
Bryce

What do you want from the car? There is little point in discussing a 1.6 and a V6 in the same breath as there is a gulf in complexity and performance!

2010 Renault Sandero
What do you want from the car? There is little point in discussing a 1.6 and a V6 in the same breath as there is a gulf in complexity and performance!
Power wise I'm wanting around 250hp -300hp.
I understand what you mean about the difference between a 1.6 and a V6....
I have alot of people offer their "advice" regarding motors....but I'm just trying to find the best way to go about it...

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I would say that's the cheapest way to go. A v6 won't be any cheaper to maintain plus its heavier. Not sure what you're trying to do. You want all the power and no cost. It can't be done without some cash. Turboing that 1.6 unit will be daft and won't be reliable either