ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Saturday the 17th July- Lets drive the Welsh Roads

Megane 225 F1
So after the poll finished in the other thread, a trip to Wales was the winner.

So on the 17th, we plan to drive to Wales and drive some of the awesome roads including the Evo triangle.

Now I haven't been to Wales and driven the roads yet so I don't know where I'm going. But if any of you have done it before, please let me know some good roads to drive because my plan is to just look for windy roads on the map and driving them.

This will be a meet where we meet morning (not too early don't worry) and then driving along the M4 to Wales and then driving from there on. We will stop somewhere for lunch, probably a pub somewhere when we find one.

As this is a driving meet I must say that you drive at your own risk. If you decide to drive like a tit then that is up to you but please don't. You will have no sympathy from us if you do decide to drive stupidly.

Don't worry if you only have a 1.2, you can still come. You don't need to have a quick car to enjoy driving and I imagine the scenery will be amazing and defiantly photo worthy. Also feel free to bring a friend. I probably will for the company for the drive. The more the merrier.

So put your names down on the list.

1. Will.
2. Dan

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Im up in Betws-y-coed on the 17th!

Reckon a Skoda Superb would do the triangle well?!;)

Monaco Blue 172
probs be up for this so set myself as a maybe, :)

i know if u go over the old servern bridge and (cant think of road name) but head off to the right, theres a nice windy road i been down there i went in the work van, and wanted to take my car down ther :)

also i live not far from the bridges, so i say - save me petrol, i meet u guys on da m49/m4 :D

1. Will.
2. Dan
3. Steve-o Maybe (Westicles) A.k.A Westy or t**t will do fine

Clio
Evo Triangle will be a fair old jaunt in one day its better off doing a over nighter. You are better off just doing the black mountains.

Megane 225 F1
Aparently its only 20 miles though.

An overnighter would be good but i cant because of work. Nights stay light quite late now so time isnt that much of an issue.

Clio
About 3 and half hours drive with a stop you are looking at 8 hours there and back taking the motorway, going through the black mountains is alot longer. Thats a long day if you spend some time up there.

And I think its overrated anyway. Black mountains is just as good.

LY R26
yh black mountains is a good day trip, stop off at a few places for packed lunch n stuff, good pics etc.

shame its this date as i get back from ibiza at like 11pm on the 17th.

Megane 225 F1
i would have done it on a sunday but unfortunatly i cant get work off :(

Maybe the black mountains then. I dont know any of the road so any advice welcome :)

PH2 172
ahhhh crap that the day i get back from turkey so will be knackered and supose to be going missus auntie party :( sorry

None :(
i'm a maybe also. Always wanted to drive to either of those locations.

Hopefully there will be a good 10+ of us, and good weather.

1. Will.
2. Dan
3. Steve-o Maybe (Westicles) A.k.A Westy or tw*t will do fine
4. James. (Glos182) -Maybe

Will where abouts are you thinking of meeting up in the morning?

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
I may well be up for this - that's the day after payday so binning 50 quid or more on fuel won't feel quite so bad - if it's wet though, I might give it a miss as can see that ending in tears otherwise...

Megane 225 F1
I think if we meet at a service station on the m4 just before the bridge to meet everyone.

Flame red 172
:( can't make this date either.. Did the black mountain rd over brecon last weekend and was awesome!

If the date changes to late July/Aug, I'll probs be able to make it! :)

Megane 225 F1
Date will be changed people. I have no clue at what day it is and didn't realise that I had only given a few weeks.

Will be end of the month but il get a date asap.

Sorry

X