ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scorpion Exhausts gone bust?

Mini JCW
After trying to get a price on a scorpion exhaust for my 172 Cup I was informed by the monkeys at halfords and motorworld that Scorpion had gone bankrupt:S.

Anyone else heard anything else about this?

The Scorpion Site seems to be running as per so its probably just the usual 'accurate' info provided these places provide:rolleyes:

Clio 197
Well that's news to me if it is, I'll swing past them on my way home to see if they are out of business (they are just down the road from the office)

clio sport ph1 172
well im keeping my scorpion exhaust then better give it a polish to keep it in tip top condistion

340i
Ill ask tomorrow, got a few contacts there!

If they have that means Magnex, Janspeed and Scorpion in the space of 6 months!

Mini JCW
well im keeping my scorpion exhaust then better give it a polish to keep it in tip top condistion

Just out of interest, do you have any pictures of the system fitted? Whats the fitment like? (I'm presuming its a catback system with an Imola 4 backbox?)

As I said the information could well be inaccurate but thought I'd ask on here in case you knew something I don't.

Clio 172
that would be bad news as my one has just started to make a horrible rattling sound from the box just after the cat and its a scorpion

clio sport ph1 172
Just out of interest, do you have any pictures of the system fitted? Whats the fitment like? (I'm presuming its a catback system with an Imola 4 backbox?)

As I said the information could well be inaccurate but thought I'd ask on here in case you knew something I don't.

yeah its a cat back system with the 4" imola backbox i had the centre box removed so i get a more deeper throatier sound, fits perfect i was told when buying it they dont fit properly and can knock etc but i havent had any problems with mine.

fitment to the cat is abit iffee thou i had to use 4 gaskets before it would stop blowing.

Image011.jpg

i havent got thou's crappy lights anymore ive put the standards back on lol and my sport badge was removed to catch ppl by surprise but its back on now :)

Mini JCW
yeah its a cat back system with the 4" imola backbox i had the centre box removed so i get a more deeper throatier sound, fits perfect i was told when buying it they dont fit properly and can knock etc but i havent had any problems with mine.

fitment to the cat is abit iffee thou i had to use 4 gaskets before it would stop blowing.

Image011.jpg

i havent got thou's crappy lights anymore ive put the standards back on lol and my sport badge was removed to catch ppl by surprise but its back on now :)

That exhaust seems to hang very low:S

What bore size is the tailpipe out of interest?

clio sport ph1 172
heres another one for you bearing in mind the car dont look like that now lmao. it doesnt hang that low its just the angle maybe? or it looks low due to the car being lowered

Image019.gif

Mini JCW
Hmm, i'm a little undecided now, I think the diameter of the tailpipe just looks a little OTT (for me anyway).

How do people rate these?:-

CLIO-172_800px.jpg

Renault%20Clio%20172%20Milltek%20Sport%20exhaust%20exiting%20through%20the%20rear%20valance%202.preview.jpg

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
A lot of the exhausts for the 172 are way too big IMO.

The milltek looks ok, not much a fan of the twin pipe though.

stealth em lads as they still sound throaty without having an exhaust sitting either to low or cut into the bumper imo

Mini JCW
stealth em lads as they still sound throaty without having an exhaust sitting either to low or cut into the bumper imo

Call me vain but I like having the exhaust on show:eek:, just not an exhaust you could park a friggin' bus in:dead:

hairy muff
i know of a place who custom make them in burton. they will make anything you want and at a good price to
just off subject you coming bartlewood lodge tomorrow?

Mini JCW
hairy muff
i know of a place who custom make them in burton. they will make anything you want and at a good price to
just off subject you coming bartlewood lodge tomorrow?

I work in Burton - where abouts is this custom exhaust place? More importantly are they any good?

I would if I could mate, too short notice and have plans with the missus:(

where abouts in burton you work? that place is called 1ststopperformance phone number 07859033148
i have other details on a thread somewhere will have a search later

Mini JCW
where abouts in burton you work? that place is called 1ststopperformance phone number 07859033148
i have other details on a thread somewhere will have a search later

Nice one mate, cheers:approve:

I work on Horninglow Street.

RSC 182 Cup
After trying to get a price on a scorpion exhaust for my 172 Cup I was informed by the monkeys at halfords and motorworld that Scorpion had gone bankrupt:S.

Has anyone further info?

They make the RS192 system don't they? I was hoping one day to somehow get one shipped over to Australia :(

Mini JCW
Has anyone further info?

They make the RS192 system don't they? I was hoping one day to somehow get one shipped over to Australia :(

Not heard anything more yet mate.

I like the look of the yozza race system (the sports system looks cack), but I don't want a decatted system - does anyone know if the race system will match up with the standard 172 cat? - I have emailed yozza, just awaiting a reply but wondered if anyone else had done the same with the race system.

clio 182 cup
i emailed them today and they said my rs192 exhaust has been sent out today from scorpion but i didnt get a discount lol i did ask

Lionel Richie
Not heard anything more yet mate.

I like the look of the yozza race system (the sports system looks cack), but I don't want a decatted system - does anyone know if the race system will match up with the standard 172 cat? - I have emailed yozza, just awaiting a reply but wondered if anyone else had done the same with the race system.

yep, bolts upto the OE cat

182 cup pack
Has anyone further info?

Dont know if it helps but received 2 days before my Rs192 system.

Had no problems of any kind and they send the exhaust quick too as I live in Athens-Greece.

I've also ordered a second system for a friend of mine.They are out of stock now and will be back on stock in 2 weeks from now as they told me.
:)

RSC 182 Cup
Dont know if it helps but received 2 days before my Rs192 system.

Had no problems of any kind and they send the exhaust quick too as I live in Athens-Greece.

I've also ordered a second system for a friend of mine.They are out of stock now and will be back on stock in 2 weeks from now as they told me.
:)

That sounds promising. :)

Who did you order the system from- their Ebay advert specifically says they don't send overseas (or outside the UK)?

a burnt one
Wouldn't be surprised if they did go bust, their systems are crap, the fitment is poor and the stainless is about 1mm thick, once it's on you're not getting it off again in a hurry, the join between the centre section and back box is usually fused together through heat due to the fact its so thin.