ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SCORPION RS192 EXHAUST

clio 182
Hi,

Does anyone have one of these, have heard good things but can only find them in a few places on the net. Want a fairly quiet exhaust but louder than standard

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Do a search, theres been quite a few threads about them and they appear to be fairly good if you're looking for a fairly quiet aftermarket exhausts.

I'd quite like one

clio 182
Ok think i have found the same exhaust just not called the RS192 i have spoken the company who can do a deal (price dependant on numbers) for a groupbuy if anyone is interested?

Price without groupbuy is £298

Titanium 182
Ok think i have found the same exhaust just not called the RS192 i have spoken the company who can do a deal (price dependant on numbers) for a groupbuy if anyone is interested?

I would deff be interested if the price was a bit less than that !

Put a new groupbuy thread up in the groupbuys section.

clio 182
Ok i will do that tonight, just wondering if anyone can find the part number as the one on the link in the post doesn't match the one i have found so want to make sure they are the same, I think they are around £350 new so not bad even without a groupbuy.

clio 182

Turns out i had the wrong exhaust price above it wasn't the rs192 Sorry!!!

clio 182
Thought it seemed cheap :eek:

I might try and sort a group buy out tonight on the proper one.

Done it already mate, emailed the company from the link in the thread and they will do the following deal :

normal website price is £334.95 inc VAT + £14.95 Delivery

The groupbuy is £295 each with free delivery!! (minimum 10)

will put it up in the groupbuys tonight when i get home.

koi

Audi S1
Done it already mate, emailed the company from the link in the thread and they will do the following deal :

normal website price is £334.95 inc VAT + £14.95 Delivery

The groupbuy is £295 each with free delivery!! (minimum 10)

will put it up in the groupbuys tonight when i get home.

Aaaah that's a good price, don't tempt me!!

RSC 182 Cup
I've got one, sounds a little s**te lower revs but on tap is awesome.

Mine sounds fine throughout the rev range.

No noticeable sound increase inside the cabin at steady throttle cruising (which is nice.) Louder at idle (deep throb), louder when accelerating but not at all boomy when fully floored.

I'd recommend getting one of those two piece exhuast clamps off Ebay UK for the rear of the cat. It will save a lot of swearing and make sealing the system simple. Use some high temp silicone on the joins too. I originally had leaks on mine (after using proper exhaust sealant) which made it sound crap.

None :(
I'd recommend getting one of those two piece exhuast clamps off Ebay UK for the rear of the cat. It will save a lot of swearing and make sealing the system simple. Use some high temp silicone on the joins too. I originally had leaks on mine (after using proper exhaust sealant) which made it sound crap.

I like the sound of mine (wish it was louder tbh), but i think i may have leaks, i'm no expert but i think it sounds a little blowy. Think ill try your above method :)

I've had the RS192 on my car for over a year now and get a metalic "tinkling" sound at high rpm ie, when booting it. I've ignored it thus far, but took my car in for an MOT recently and failed on very high CO and HC emissions. Looked under the car and despite it being sealed with copious amounts of firegum, there was a lot of sooty deposit at the join where the center section meets the pipe for the rear boxes.

So put the car up on jacks, took out the centre section, sanded off all the old firegum. Drank a can of coke, then took the can and cut the ends off. Trimmed the roll of metal to about 3" wide and used this as a shim wrapped around the end of the pipe of the centre section and inserted it back in to the pipe for the rear boxes. The fit was much tighter and used firegum to lubricate the assembly. This time I also used the car jack that came with the Clio to support the weight of the centre section to ensure the system was as straight/aligned as best as possible before tightening up all the clamps.

Done a couple of hundred or so miles and so far no leaks, no sooty deposits around the joins, no tinkling noise on hard acceleration and it also passed its MOT (most likely thanks to the Italian tune-up before the retest!)
icon_mrgreen.gif