ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scott's Super Clean PH1 172 Project Thread

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Re: My PH1 172

Thanks Craig, yes that bloody dent has been there all of the time i have owned the car 3.5 years now and the guy i bought it off who owned it for 5 years. So it was done when the 1st owner owned it.

Im getting to love it.....lol

I do want it done and i did get a dent guy to look at it but he wasn't 100% sure that he could remove it without seeing it or making the dent worse.

Yes i love the plate and after seeing a PH2 with V6 RUK i had to buy it, i think it gives the car its own personalty (sounds gay i know)

I keep on looking at the Wilwood 4 pot big brake kits, now i have the spacers im thinking weather or not i get get the same set up as you've got which will save a few quid.

They must be off 4x4's in carparks, every mk2 Clio I've had has had a dent there but you can get them out.

Yeah I no which av6 you mean looked great on that too, it's a very nice touch :approve:

I think it's been done as a test but on 2118s mine do fit under 15s with 280mm discs & would be cheaper than wilwoods, there was a set on the forsale section not long you missed, wilwoods that's is.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Just a few picts, I went out with SunGlasses_Ron and our other halfs.

Yes i know the plate is not spaced correct but Fancy Plates messed it up, this is going to be sorted out.

20130826_104156_zpscaee1c08.jpg

20130826_104623_zps08b4a3df.jpg

20130826_103526_zps962e7f30.jpg

Just a few from Saturday after a clean as i was off out to the Essex meet. :)

20130831_145612_zps79574f9b.jpg

20130831_171802_zps2778b2b0.jpg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Pop over to bluey tonight and I'll bring the camera if you want? I even know a nearby castle we could try and park outside as long as we don't get moved!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Dam you Roberto....

To late notice mate just doing dinner then going to chill on the sofa.

Why couldn't you of offered yesterday when i was stuck in doors with sod all to do????

We will have to make a date, one Saturday or Sunday morning will be best mate. :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Fine fine, I'd even just gone and sorted out a tripod. No issues mate.

I should have said yesterday TBF, wasn't doing much in the evening.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

So i had a few dents that i wanted to get removed, so i booked in Simon Pack @ County Dents who did a fantastic job.

Simon working his magic. :D

20130909_104831_zpsb57b8494.jpg

Over the moon with his work, even got the nasty dent done on my drivers door pillar that i didn't think would come out.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin

So i had a few dents that i wanted to get removed, so i booked in Simon Pack @ County Dents who did a fantastic job.

Simon working his magic. :D

20130909_104831_zpsb57b8494.jpg

Over the moon with his work, even got the nasty dent done on my drivers door pillar that i didn't think would come out.

Brilliant mate! So pleased he got the door pillar one out as I know how much it bothered you lol

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Looking great! Are these PDR people expensive? tempted to get a few removed from mine!

Depends on what you call expensive mate, Simon was working on my car for an hour plus getting to me.

Lots cheaper than getting the car painted. :)

Brilliant mate! So pleased he got the door pillar one out as I know how much it bothered you lol

Yes mate, not 100% but as he said if he had kept on going then it would have made it stand out. It was quite a deep/sharp dent.

Wow that door pillar one came out?

As above mate, not 100% but im very happy.

The dreaded door pillar dents on clios lol

Bloody things, still it wont happen again. ;)

Simon is the nuts. You pleased Scott, with both work and price?

Very happy mate, his great guy and is also fussy which always helps. Nothing was a problem.

I got him to get his tools back out an do 2 more 5p size ones i found once i dryer off the car, bloody rain.....:(

I just wanted them done didn't matter to much about the price, once a get a bee in my bonnet....lol

I wasn't going to get him to travel all this way, give me a price and say no ta....flol

I posted in the dealer section about him. :D

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?715113-PDR-BY-COUNTY-DENTS-IN-ESSEX

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

So today ive been stuck indoors as the weathers been crap, thought i would make a start of giving my plastic trim bits a coat of Gtechniq C4.

1st off was removing the AF Revive, i used Carpro Eraser which i scrubb in with a nail brush. Gave it a wipe over then applied the C4.

20130914_165539_zps1e3bc874.jpg

I didn't think the trim was that bad as i only gave it a coating of AF Revive about every 3 weeks, but after seeing the result i guess they where.

20130914_171314_zps904a2a12.jpg

And it finished.

20130914_172117_zpsb420f70e.jpg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

C4 is amazing! When I ordered it I though it was expensive for such a small bottle but you only need a tad and it goes far. It's great stuff.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Stunning car! Look forward to seeing how your plans progress!

I had an email from AT Power on Friday I think. They're doing a new Clubman range at a reduced price with and without ECU so I've enquired about them to see how they compare with the Ktec stuff. The plug and play of the Gen90 is the only swaying factor really.

I keep looking at private plates, already got one on my daily which I'm tempted to swap over. Tempted to do it seeing yours with one.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Thanks Tom.

Now i have a spare bonnet i was going to bite the bullet and get the Jenveys with the Gen 90 ecu, but please let me know what AT power say about there kits. :D

I shouldn't have bought the number tbh as i could have done with the money to spend on the engine bits but once i saw it i just had to have it, suits the car so well.

So i replaced the engine bay/slam panel stickers as the old one was looking tired, the problem was that when the new one came through it came without the "cooling fan my cut in without the engine running" which i was gutted about. :(
So after a few messages to Adam he came to the conclusion that its wasn't available anymore.

I did some work on sunglasses-rons 182 and saw the same information sticker that i needed so another message to Adam was sent. He did a bit of digging with part numbers and with great luck he found the correct sticker but for a 197 which cost all of £3 ish.

20130914_172527_zpsc961b190.jpg

The one i needed.

20130914_172336_zpse5f56ed5.jpg

The old ones.

20130616_201241_zps1ce520e7.jpg

20130616_201230_zpsbc62cfc0.jpg

All as it should be, im happy....:D

20130915_104621_zps49386a56.jpg

Now most would say its only a bloody sticker but its all about the fine detail which makes for a better picture, but above all its my car and i want it right....lol

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Awesome, exactly what I've been looking for since I replaced my grill.

I think I'm missing the rubber that goes along the front....

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Great attention to detail, something I would do lol

Cheers, things have just got to be right otherwise it plays on my mind....lol

Awesome, exactly what I've been looking for since I replaced my grill.

I think I'm missing the rubber that goes along the front....

Tom,
message Adam (think his on hols at the mo) tell him you want the slam panel stickers that Scott has bought. He now knows what to look for and what the part numbers are.

Total cost would be under £10

The rubber seal was also bought from Adam @ Renault as my old one was split.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Thanks guys. :)

Went to the Ace Cafe last night to the French car meet that's held there, what a pain in the ass of a journey.

Gave the Clio a wash then a coating of Gtechniq C2V3, bloody phone pictures just don't do it justice. :(

20130916_175631_zpse6a9d6cd.jpg

20130916_175616_zpsf28d7359.jpg

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6

Thanks guys. :)

Went to the Ace Cafe last night to the French car meet that's held there, what a pain in the ass of a journey.

Gave the Clio a wash then a coating of Gtechniq C2V3, bloody phone pictures just don't do it justice. :(

20130916_175631_zpse6a9d6cd.jpg

20130916_175616_zpsf28d7359.jpg

s**t journey mate. Esp as we were all steaming for a slash & to top it off the stupid diversion haha. Nxt time jump in with me scott

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Update on the AT power kit, £1450 for the DTH bodies and Storm ECU. I'm waiting on a reply to see if that is inclusive of VAT, they also need to check the Storm ECU is suitable. Won't be plug and play though.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG

I'm going to the unit tonight to drop wash the motor and let DaveRon pick his car up, we can all go to lakeside for pictures afterwards?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG

On the phone and didn't see that, fck knows why I was trying to type. Just a normal wash, no dropping involved lol