ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scott's Super Clean PH1 172 Project Thread

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Re: My PH1 172

Yes it was a great experience and i got to work on some awesome cars.

PH1 Clio 172

Good attention to detail as always Scott, though I know what it's like to enjoy detailing, driving and owning a mint car. Sorry your Fiesta is going but know the score after getting rid of my XR2 recently due to lack of space and time.
Still I've got the 172 to keep minty fresh now. Will give the pup a going over again this weekend, not as thorough as last week though as most was done then! But my OCD side wont let me leave it!!! Will be filthy again by Monday though due to where I work. A long driveway full of mud, stones and potholes!!
Paul

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Paul, a long driveway full of mud stones and potholes would be my worst nightmare...lol

Mine needs a good wash as my wheels are black (bloody DS2500 pads) although i did manage to give it a hoover out the other day. Just wish this snow and cold weather would do one so i can spend the day cleaning it.
Its good to see a few lovley PH1s on here with like minded people who own them, makes me feel so not alone....lol

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Gave the car a quick wash today, then took my son to Lakeside.
Car came up rather good i think, last time i washed it i gave it a cote of AG extra gloss protection which has done its job.
(Sorry for the picts they where taken with my phone)

IMAG1599_zps7626bdf3.gif

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Well the car went to Ants (Scrooge) today for a paint work detail, the picts are off of my phone so sorry that they are not very good.

Ant has taken some with his camera so there will be a post going up about the day.

Sorry i dont know what products where used, but im over the moon with the finished result....:D

Snow foam time.
IMAG1629_zps6507cd05.gif

IMAG1630_zps4b6aefa8.gif

Iron X doing its stuff
IMAG1632_zps6ec1f722.gif

IMAG1634_zpse3c571ce.gif

IMAG1638_zpsb7cbdb25.gif

IMAG1639_zps32757a54.gif

IMAG1640_zpsd190cde9.gif

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

That looks spotless mate. Not helping my current need for a ph1 again lol.

Sorry....:rasp:

Thanks mate!

Aye she's great mate thanks for asking! Not had a full nights sleep since she arrived lol

It does get better, we would have loved a little girl but we got two boys instead.

Enjoy every day mate as they grow up so bloody fast

So so nice!

Cheers mate.

New number plate?

Ish, had them a couple of months now

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG

Was an absolute pleasure working on this car. The best ph1 I've seen in a long time, I'll be doing a little write up ASAP. It really is a credit to Scott, this is an amazing ph1 and was getting compliments all day!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
My PH1 172

Looks awesome! I need to head down to the Unit soon, been far too long :dapprove:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

So after my day at Ants and getting the car detailed i noticed that there where a few parts on the car that i was not happy with.
The both side sills had stone chips on and a few marks where i guess they get knocked by peoples feet while getting in and out of the car, also the rear bumper had been touched up in a few small places.

So i removed the sills and the rear bumper while it was bloody snowing so that i could take them to Chris @ Autocrash.
Got to his at around 2pm and end up staying there untill about 5 chatting about cars....

He seems to know his stuff and is a nice guy to chat with, but the best part is his very fussy just like me which i was very pleased about :D
Chris got my parts out of my van and got a spray out chip so he could make sure the parts where going to be a good match which they where 100%

Im in no rush so i think im going to be getting them back in about 2 weeks or so.

Car looking very sad for its self.

IMAG1758_zps829025e5.gif

IMAG1757_zps286c12cd.gif

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Will be perfect!!!

Hope so mate, im always worried about other peoples paint work.
As i said to you the other day, id rather see a few marks then look at crap paint work but i have heard good things about Chris so i thought id give him ago

Once i get the bits back ill re book in with you to get my bonnet sorted if thats ok?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Oh, yes i will be cleaning all of that crap behind the bumper before the freshley painted one goes back on and the same with the side sills....:D

Inferno 225 cup
My PH1 172

Oh, yes i will be cleaning all of that crap behind the bumper before the freshley painted one goes back on and the same with the side sills....:D

G101 will bring it back to life on the grubby areas. :)

Will look great when the parts are back.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

G101 will bring it back to life on the grubby areas. :)

Will look great when the parts are back.

Cheers mate, ill have to get myself some of that.

Yes i hope so, just want to keep on top of the old girl im also going to cover the lover part of the sills in that clear 3M helicopter tape to help stop further stone chips :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

It was also trying to ruin mine, but because of my stupid nature i just had to get my bits to Chris today.

God knows why its not like i use the car...lol

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

You don't do things by half do you?! I admire your devotion to perfection :cheers:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

You don't do things by half do you?! I admire your devotion to perfection :cheers:

Lol, no mate i dont and i never have tbh.

If i cant give something 100% then i dont bother, that goes with everything that i do and i always end up spending far to much money....:(

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

So i gave the muck from behind the bumper a wash off the other day ready for the painted bumper and side sills to be fitted.
I got a message from Chris @ Autocrash today saying my bits have been painted and will be polished tomo so ready for collection at the weekend.

Im going over to his on sunday morning and i hope the weathers going to be nice so i can fit it back up. :)

IMAG1819_zps199b6f49.gif

IMAG1820_zpsa190bc4f.gif