ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scott's Super Clean PH1 172 Project Thread

Don't worry about it Scott, anyone who reads it will see that you've gone into detail about it as it's a car worth talking about.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Very nice advert!
Thanks Ben.
Good advert Scott

Have another read through though. Handful of spelling errors which upsets my OCD let alone yours ;)

GLWTS
There's no excuse and ill go through the advert in the next couple of days and fix the spellings.

I did however type the advert out after being up at 5am and not getting home until 5pm.
I didn't sit down until around about 8 pm and start typing it all out and by the time I'd finished I was struggling to keep my eye's open. [emoji4]
Link to the advert please?
Why, wanna buy it?

Mini GP2
Its on the first page of RenautlSport Clio's for sale on Ph Dan @dann2707

That is how write an advert, great detail Scott; anyone who is not aware of this thread will realise it has been owned by a genuine RenaultSport fan. Hope it goes to a good home.

I saw some disgusting rumours being thrown around on facebook just, thought I'd check to make sure they were just rumours

:weary::coldsweat::confounded::cry::disrelieved::fearful::mask:

They weren't

Seriously gutted, but yeah... been there and done that.
I sold my polo of 7 years, something I thought id never do. No bolt had been left un-turned on that car haha, it was part of the family.
Change can be good though, you will regret doing it at points but there's better out there ;)
Just hope it goes to a good home dude! Good luck with selling it, wont be easy as its a verryyy small market, but the right person will come along sooner or later.

And again, this car inspired me to buy a ph1. I reckon I'd be like the rest of the sheep in a ph2 if it weren't for this!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I saw some disgusting rumours being thrown around on facebook just, thought I'd check to make sure they were just rumours

:weary::coldsweat::confounded::cry::disrelieved::fearful::mask:

They weren't

Seriously gutted, but yeah... been there and done that.
I sold my polo of 7 years, something I thought id never do. No bolt had been left un-turned on that car haha, it was part of the family.
Change can be good though, you will regret doing it at points but there's better out there :wink:
Just hope it goes to a good home dude! Good luck with selling it, wont be easy as its a verryyy small market, but the right person will come along sooner or later.

And again, this car inspired me to buy a ph1. I reckon I'd be like the rest of the sheep in a ph2 if it weren't for this!

I don't have FB bud, whats being said and by who?

Yeah i know its a small market but hopefully it will go to a good home.

So yesterday i took the car to have the front camber and tracking done/checked after fitting the Bilstein's. The cambers where spot on and the tracking was in spec but not parallel so i got the guy to adjust it.

16819098622_d061c42510_c.jpg
Untitled by scottieraven, on Flickr

16612907417_dedd7d8669_c.jpg

16819120891_202f5ee5b9_c.jpg

16200274293_3f3261bb49_c.jpg

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Just to up date this, so the Clio is not being used after me taking it for its wheel geo. Ive only driven it to the wheel place in the 6 months its sat on the drive. :cry:

Ive now bought a new carnow so the Clio will be getting a wheel off clean hopefully this weekend and then driven to my in-laws home until it sells.

This is the new car, to those who don't know what it is.

Its a 2002 JDM Spec C RA with 39,000 miles, a very rare car indeed.

Spec list for my car is.
  • Rare RA Spec C model
  • Highly sought after
  • OZ alloys
  • BREMBO brakes
  • Lightened flywheel
  • TEIN coilovers
  • TEIN EDFC, In car electronic coilover damping adjustment
  • CUSCO under chassis brace
  • CUSCO front and rear LSD
  • Fujitsubo exhaust system
  • HKS front pipe
  • SYMS manifold
  • HKS Valcon Electronic valve timing controller
  • HKS EVC Electronic boost controller
  • DEFI STI gauges with link up
Here is a few pictures ive been sent of the car still in Japan. :smiley:

16823493280_02d84280ee_z.jpg
our_17651_91750b82-addb-4231-9d3c-b576a065354b-590x443 by scottieraven, on Flickr

17010979585_38a4e14e4f_z.jpg
our_17651_672da1b5-ef9a-4173-9eba-a687318afa91-590x443 by scottieraven, on Flickr

16985003356_6bce6caac8_z.jpg
our_17651_862e621b-e9f4-4a8b-bb5c-0aceadb9da01-590x443 by scottieraven, on Flickr

16803602707_26710fedb4_z.jpg
our_17651_be37569e-90d9-4480-9a30-a227434cbdc4-590x443 by scottieraven, on Flickr

17010979835_63cd1d4ab3_z.jpg
our_17651_1dde15b1-1194-49ae-b379-cf847b4f160b-590x443 by scottieraven, on Flickr

17010098471_99ab12458b_z.jpg
our_17651_1c6074b9-3b5c-4957-b31d-7d00a77e2c7b-590x443 by scottieraven, on Flickr

Many.
Very nice! I don't think you'll regret that.

Needs a small spoiler for sure, but I'm sure you already have loads of plans for mods, and making it super clean.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Very nice! I don't think you'll regret that.

Needs a small spoiler for sure, but I'm sure you already have loads of plans for mods, and making it super clean.
Thanks mate, the Spec C doesn't come with a boot spoiler so i want to try and leave it as is. If not then ill only fit a stick on lip spoiler just to break the back of the car up a bit.

Hmmm no real plans as in buying "go faster parts" the things i want to do first is

1, Service and replace gearbox and diff oils,
2, Get the mirrors painted black (factory they where black)
3, Remove the added roof pod thing.
4, Underseal and wax oil the underside and inside of the doors,
5, Get the geo checked and adjusted if needed,
6, Get the boost/running of the engine checked,
7, Monster clean, all wheels off.
8, Just enjoy driving it.

Oh and then maybe look at getting it to 350 bhp. 😂

Looks seriously clean
But in your eyes I guess its filthy 😂

Good decision though man. I've only had the clio a few months and I already know my next car will be an EVO of some shape haha! It's a step in the right direction :blush:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Looks a good purchase, Scott :smile: I look forward to seeing it arrive and you returning it to minty-mint fresh!
Thanks Andy, im hoping at some point we can meet up for a drive out in both of the boosted buses.

Nice avatar mate, do me a Spec C RA one?? :blush:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Andy, im hoping at some point we can meet up for a drive out in both of the boosted buses.

Absolutely my friend, nothing would make me happier to get out for a drive and to meet up with your good self. Once we're both back on the road we will make it happen :)

I'm working at the moment mate (a looooong day) but I'll get an avatar done for you shortly. :up:

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

Absolutely my friend, nothing would make me happier to get out for a drive and to meet up with your good self. Once we're both back on the road we will make it happen :smile:

I'm working at the moment mate (a looooong day) but I'll get an avatar done for you shortly. :up:

Can I come for a road trip.

I believe a Cubmanor BBQ is equidistant from you chaps..... :wink:

Ph1 172 and Ph1 225
If I was wedged I'd buy this and sit it in dry storage. My brother actually sent me the PH's ad link. I thought it was a joke at first because a friend of mine once found an ad for his S3 on there that someone else had made.

Atleast it will more than likely be an enthusiast who buys it.

Nice bug eye by the way [emoji6] I wouldn't mind a good spec blob eye