ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scraping noise after changing front discs

eunos roadster mk1
eja3e3a5.jpg
update on this. Caliper side pad back of it has been scraped to f**k. Any ideas

Let me reiterate ! Have you mistakenly fitted them backwards? The material side should be touching the disc ! It looks like they have been fitted backward ! But if not there's no reason why they should be catching ! Not that I can think of anyway !

eunos roadster mk1
They're both fitted right way. Just double checked and refitted. Was fine for a minute. Then pedal seemed to push in further queue the noise starting again

eunos roadster mk1
Success. God I worry about myself sometimes. Putting it in wrong once was understandable (maybe) but to check it, take them out and still put the same one on wrong twice. I need my head examining. Thankfully there isn't too much damage to the disc (couple of scores). Braking feels alright now

Lionel Richie
you put the pad in backwards? I've seen someone copper grease the friction surface before because they read it on the internet LOL

oh and copper grease is not needed regardless of what your dad says

eunos roadster mk1
Yeah. I hadn't copper greased the surfaces. Just the backs when I changed the pads a couple of months ago. Cleaned up the disc and everything is fine now

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Success. God I worry about myself sometimes. Putting it in wrong once was understandable (maybe) but to check it, take them out and still put the same one on wrong twice. I need my head examining. Thankfully there isn't too much damage to the disc (couple of scores). Braking feels alright now

Were you drunk or something?!

Put the spanners down before you kill yourself or someone else!!!

+1, if you weren't out of your mind on something then mechanics probably isn't for you lol.

Glad you got it sorted though.

RenaultSport clio 17
Just remember if you do full service on the car, wash out the engine with plenty of hot water and fairy liquid to get all of that nasty grease out of the engine???

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Remember to open the windows and sunroof when you drive into a car wash and you get the inside cleaned too :eek:

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Try driving with your mirrors tucked in too it creates less drag so better mpg ;)