ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Screw in Tyre - New Tyre is it?

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Alrite lads.

I am not a happy chappy. :(

I bought some new Rainsports the other month and today I noticed the rear was looking a little flat then I found this.

Repairable or not? Would I be able to use the foam tyre repair for a short time till I get it repaired/new tyre

Cheers.

246udud.jpg

Don't use tyre foam. It doesn't work and isn't meant to last in the tyre for any length of time.

It could potentially be repaired but it looks a little close to the sidewall for my liking. I'd replace it.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Can't be 100% until the tyre is off and you can see from inside. But I'm 99% sure that is not going to be repaired by any reputable garage.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Don't use tyre foam. It doesn't work and isn't meant to last in the tyre for any length of time.

It could potentially be repaired but it looks a little close to the sidewall for my liking. I'd replace it.

i've repaired my own when they've been on the shoulder and never had a problem.

Cheers Lads, out of interest bloke how did you repair yours? I will probably order a new one but I've noticed they have increased in price - cheapest seems to be £100 fitted.

dan's cast offs.
Cheers Lads, out of interest bloke how did you repair yours? I will probably order a new one but I've noticed they have increased in price - cheapest seems to be £100 fitted.

just used a normal patch to do it. is that a 2 or 3 by the way?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
As others have said, you can get it repaired if you know where to go. Patch on the inside or something like that.

dan's cast offs.
for it to be done officially will need to be a hot vulc repair and you 'lose' the speed rating.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
just used a normal patch to do it. is that a 2 or 3 by the way?

It's a 2 and 2's are dearer than the newer 3's I see :S

I think I'll buy a new one, would it be worth keeping the punctured one or should I give it to the Garage? winds me up because it's virtually new :mad:

I think the rule is if its 1 inch from tyre wall it can be repaired.
Saying that I had one much closer and a tyre shop local put a bung sort of thing in the whole and sorted it, no air leaks.