ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SE w800

Clio 182
Is it any good? seems to get good reviews on 'tinternet.

Is it worth waiting for the w900 which comes out mid december?

Same spec as k750i bar a few different button layouts and mem card! Very good phone!! all depends if you like the colours or not!!! Im tempted to change my k750i housing to that of the w800!!

Revels Mum & Sister
Depends I personally hate the design of the flip round phones which the W900 is I believe?

I love the W800i is an excellent well polished phone

Clio 182
Cheers guys, think ill wait for the w900, just called carphonewarehouse and its coming mid december

you try & get a w800 !!
I have been into the o2 shop & called them direct (cust services) & they don't have them - its been a month now:mad: they are taking the p*ss.

Nippy white cup
Got mine from The Link about 3 weeks ago on o2. £20 for the £30 contract....200 mins and 100 texts free...1st three months it`s double mins and texts as well! Excellent phone imo with and amazingly good quality camera.

chris

Revels Mum & Sister
But memory wise you get a 512mb stick with it (W800)

Also I am not bothered about 3G. Had a 6680 on 3 and never made a call!

Mk2 Golf GTI
If that W900 is as big as the S700 then i wont be toucjing it with a very shitty stick.

Anyone know when it's released?

W900i released mid december supposedly. It's a similar size to the S700i, but looking at pictures of it along side thw K750i, W800i, and W550i, it's not that much bigger than the W800i!!

it's a complete pain in the arse to change the housing, every part of the phone has to be taken apart

Lou

I got my W800i few weeks ago and cant fault it!

Well maybe except the disk2phone thing its useless!

02 have finally ogt them in stock - I will be getting it in 3-5 working days, i'm all excited now as i've been waiting for a month !!!

ex Clio 172 owner :(
I'm after a w800.

It says on that website link ben give that the w800 uses a 512mb card and the w900 uses up to a 2Gb card.

Can I put a card with more than 512mb in a w800? I really want to get a 2gb card at least and maybe a 4gb when they become available. (Yeah I know they'll cost a fortune)

RB 182
Chris, I think 2Gb is fine it's just that the W800i comes with a 512Mb card I think there might be some confusion there.

Yeah thanks, I know it comes with a 1/2gb card but I'm concerned it won't either pick up a 2gb card or be able to see all of the data on it.

Anyone else confirm?

172 Cup
Dan_mk1 said:
Going for the w800 now, is insurance worth it? can I just 'lose' it and get a new phone?

I've got voafone insurance.

"Lost" my phone and got the W800i as a replacement.

Dan_mk1 said:
Going for the w800 now, is insurance worth it? can I just 'lose' it and get a new phone?

My 'scam' was this...

6 months into contract with D500... started going faulty and got a bit tired of it as I wanted a bigger mp3 capacity. Orange wanted £150 to upgrade to W800 mid term. I wouldn't have gotten much on ebay for a faulty d500, not enough to cover price of the w800. So I got it replaced under insurance, kept this brand new d500 unused for two weeks, then got back on the blower to Orange asking to upgrade. Seems now they only want £50 to upgrade and I've got the brand new d500 to flog on ebay, it's in the other for sale section on here. Should get enough to pay for the w800 and get a 2gb card.

Result.

Incidentally, I did ask them when i had the d500 replaced if i could get a w800 there and then but they said no.