ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sean's BG 182 Track car

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
image.jpeg

Posty came today! Need gearbox oil and new rear discs now

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Nice, how much was the gearbox oil?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Hi mate, haven't got the gearbox oil just yet need to order it tomorrow on then picture there is engine oil and brake fluid. I can let you know if I find a price if you like from what I've seen its not cheap!

Clio 172
Hi mate, haven't got the gearbox oil just yet need to order it tomorrow on then picture there is engine oil and brake fluid. I can let you know if I find a price if you like from what I've seen its not cheap!
Thank dude appreciate it

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Took delivery of mine today , and had a little touch with these rubber things off a fuel filter at work. Cut down they will go on the end nut , don't want any sparks now
63b618292b6b35fe8de66ffa5d34d12e.jpg
I still haven't ordered one of these yet! Been slacking lately
haha "banging head off wall"...wont clog your thread up with m dramas, but in it may appear to be ECU related....waiting to hear back from ktec/gems
Ouch that's not good mate hope you get everything sorted! Does that mean you'll miss the next race ?

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Went up to the unit with the best intentions to get in almost ready for alignment then this happened
image.jpeg

Thought it hadn't sealed properly but when I pulled the shaft back out I found that it had broken completely, now I'm no mechanic so I'd like to know what I done wrong
image.jpeg
Not sure how it happened but I'll get another one tomorrow or in the week and get my mechanic friend to fit it lol
But it'll stay in the air as its already made a mess of the floor
image.jpeg

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
You don't stop lol!

Is that a jack for a tank!!!!! Size of the thing.

Oh how I'd love to have flat ground to jack my car up on.

😂😂 It's some proper old schools jack that was in the unit when we moved in, it's not a very heave duty one mind but it's handy with how high it can go lol

Yeah I love having the unit mate, makes such a nice difference from working outside in the elements

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
So took the car out last night for a spin around the block since having @NorthloopCup hubs on it, drove really nice can feel the difference from standard already didn't really get to turn in hard or drive with any sort of anger because the car was scrubbing so bad, I have fitted a new bumper as I damaged my other one at snetterton a few months ago, so need to have a look at what needs cutting back to stop the scrubbing as its that bad it pops the corner of the bumpers off! Another job, but I feel a trackday looming
image.jpeg

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
So popped along to brands today to watch a track day as its only 2 minutes up the road for me and is free to get in, took the Clio for a drive with my mate who gave his r32gtr a run since coming back from having a new engine fitted and mapped.

Saw someone loading up a 3door cossy onto a trailer late into the afternoon and managed to get his wrist bands and stickers so off I went for the last 40 mins or so of the track day. Completely un prepared had my near dead ad08r's on and had to borrow a bar and socket and helmet from my mate just to check wheels etc. First time I've drove hard on the new hubs and first time I've driven brands jn the Clio this year! Car felt excellent only thing letting me down was the tyres but still a good laugh as always a few other Clio's there today was it any one on here?
image.png
image.jpeg

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Another night at brands today with open track very busy but was great to throw the car around and a good few laps with some other Clio's and nice to see some cup racers out I think @BIGASH was there in the cup racer looked awesome! Will introduce my self next time didn't know who to say hi to lol!
Car felt awesome with @NorthloopCup hubs on and he first time I've driven brands since @sonny172cup adviced on rear toe settings so just a thanks guys for answering questions and putting up with my limited knowladge lol

Next time at brands I'll book a tutor and really start focusing on my driving rather than spending on the car, although it did feel very diffless so maybe time for a gripper!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Another night at brands today with open track very busy but was great to throw the car around and a good few laps with some other Clio's and nice to see some cup racers out I think @BIGASH was there in the cup racer looked awesome! Will introduce my self next time didn't know who to say hi to lol!
Car felt awesome with @NorthloopCup hubs on and he first time I've driven brands since @sonny172cup adviced on rear toe settings so just a thanks guys for answering questions and putting up with my limited knowladge lol

Next time at brands I'll book a tutor and really start focusing on my driving rather than spending on the car, although it did feel very diffless so maybe time for a gripper! View attachment 161212View attachment 161213View attachment 161214View attachment 161215
Yeah he was there with both the cup racers mate. Might have a Quaife diffed gearbox available soon.

172 Ph1
Can't believe the difference I can feel in clearways and paddock! Can only imagine what these are like when mated with ast's and a gripper and slicks.. Which is ultimately where i want to end up

As Abba sung £££ money money money .
But we love these little pocket rockets.
Next on my list is the Dan potter ECU with Meg injectors [emoji1303]

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
As Abba sung £££ money money money .
But we love these little pocket rockets.
Next on my list is the Dan potter ECU with Meg injectors [emoji1303]

Oh yes I keep telling the Mrs ' this is the last expensive bit for the car then it's near enough done ' I don't think she believes me any more lol

What engine spec is yours mate I'm going to need a rebuild soon as its using a hell of a lot of oil!

172 Ph1
Oh yes I keep telling the Mrs ' this is the last expensive bit for the car then it's near enough done ' I don't think she believes me any more lol

What engine spec is yours mate I'm going to need a rebuild soon as its using a hell of a lot of oil!

Running standard engine , 423s and the RS2 . It'll do for now .
I have another engine , might use that for rebuild

172 Ph1
I bet it flys mate!

I'd like a mild spec itb build for mine, think the time is near with all the oil it's burning lol

She goes well for an old girl . Lol

Perfect timing for build when you get round to sorting the smoke .

Off topic : Myself and a few mates will be booking Snett for Nov/ Dec if you fancy it .

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
She goes well for an old girl . Lol

Perfect timing for build when you get round to sorting the smoke .

Off topic : Myself and a few mates will be booking Snett for Nov/ Dec if you fancy it .

I bet it does lol !

Yeah i mean it'll be a slow process but i fancy learning how an engine comes apart and hopefully go back together lol

Sounds good mate keep me posted!