ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seat belt warning sound/light - 2010 RENAULT CLIO EXTREME ECO2 DCI

2010 RENAULT CLIO EX
I’ve recently bought a 2010 RENAULT CLIO EXTREME ECO2 DCI and very new to driving. I’ve noticed that the seatbelt light will intermittently come on whilst driving and then beep continuously and proceed to get louder even though my seatbelt is on. I’ve even plugged every seatbelt in the car in and it’s still the same. It only seems to occur whilst moving and when I turn the car on it doesn’t appear so I am very confused. It’s the sound that is the main issue for me as I can’t focus when it is going off as it is sensory overload! So if there is a way to get that off that would solve everything.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Have you got something heavy on the passenger seat? The seats have a sensor that knows if someone is sat in the seat.

If I drive home with a bag of shopping in the passenger seat the beeps will start.

2010 RENAULT CLIO EX
Have you got something heavy on the passenger seat? The seats have a sensor that knows if someone is sat in the seat.

If I drive home with a bag of shopping in the passenger seat the beeps will start.
Nope, nothing, the car is completely empty.