ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seat removal on a Cup

I have a bucket seat I want to try and fit in the cup for its maiden trip to the ring in a few weeks.

How do remove the seat? I had a look - are there little covers over the bolts?

Dave

The story goes like this:

I am failry tall, but most of my height comes from my waist up, so in most cars I have owned I am rather close to the roof which can make wearing a crash helmet a tad tricky.

I have always fancied the idea of bucket seats and harnesses in my 944 Turbo but I was not comfortable spashing out plenty of money to find I would not fit.

At the weekend I won an auction on ebay for a Corbeau Forza seat, I tried to install it in my 944...but clearly me, the 944, and bucket seats were never meant to go together.

.....so now I have a spare seat and I thought I would try and put it in the Clio for a trip to the ring. I must admit to not being exactly comfortable in the car, although I dont drive it often.

I just thought it would be worth a try.

get under the car in the recess for the exhaust, you will find one of the bolts and then work out the rest of the locations fro that point, you have to unbolt it from the underside. You need some kind of subframe / mount, unless you intend to attach it to the existing runners, which will be hard work, as you will have to rip the pretensioners out of the existing seats etc... (which is a pain in the arse)

is it a side mount or bottom mount bucket?

/y0z

Bottom mounted bucket seat.

Cant believe you have to go under the car to remove a seat! Thats madness!

Do you use a "fit any" sub frame, or is there one for the Clio?

Its an old Corbeau Forza.

I imagine its the same mounting as a "normal" Forza.

One question for anyone who has fitted them, do you sit lower in the car?

Dave