ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Second car - Clio Turbo

Hey, I literally hate being negative as forums have too much off it but I really have to agree with other saying to just get it running and save for a 172/182/197.
I didn't even know these were "turbo" engines. Really not referred to as such unless it's had a large modified turbo fitted. This is a fuel efficient turbo not a power turbo.
But when I was your age I'd have probably laughed at me too, and I'm still under 30!

Tbh even if I left it standard, which it is apart from an air filter I'd still love it but it makes great turbo and induction noises. The way I see it its my second car and first turbo car, which makes me happy

SQ5
Yeah it's pretty small, I mean I'm only going by what other people have had from there's, there was a guy on Sax experience who had one and got 167bhp with supporting mods, so 140-150bhp is more then enough for me, even an extra 30bhp would be mind blowing for me considering this is my second car :)

Rolling road and map done at K-Tec too I bet!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I like how enthusiastic you are but I just couldn't be arsed plowing so much money into a 1.2t, you could have bought a 182 for the money you've spent.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
You're right, but at 4.5k insurance for a 182 isn't visible for me haha

Surely buying the clio and then spending what you have is the same, no?

What's the insurance on your getting to be "quite heavily" modified 1.2t?

Had the opportunity to wash and wax the Clio again, came out better then last time
image.jpeg

Not much of an update

Tided up the boost gauge

Colour coded the silver trim inside the car, now that I know it comes out good I'll try and do all of the silver

Also got all the rubish out of the car that has been building up & hovered

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I think you should spend what you like mate it's yours to enjoy and I know that people's are just trying to help you out, but whatever makes you happy is the most important

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

cheers mate, my first car was a 2002 clio 1.2 and i fitted a full exhuast and decat, air filter the works.. now ive got a pretty decent car and can make decent power i think i should go all out on this one haha

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Also, they can't hold boost for s**t LOL. You'll need to get a boost controller on there. The torque drop off is magnificent.

mine held boost no problem and only started dropping off approaching 6000rpm, Paul @ RSTuning said it was a nightmare to perfect it when he done the first few but now hes got it sorted.

Then make a day of it.
It's not like you're running 5mpg :smile:

You're right :)

The thing is RS tuning quoted me with a remap and fitting injectors just under £500 plus the fuel to get there and back, where as a local company offered to do the same for £350 and about 10 miles away from me haha

Clio Mk3 tce
i was 6 hour round trip to get to RS Tuning, the drive back was awesome.
I would put my mortgage on the local company not being able to do a proper job at mapping it.
Try performance torque in Wolverhampton, got mine to over 130bhp and their rolling roads used for Ferraris and r8s

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
Hi Jack,
A bit off topic but is the one plus three any good?

My son's thinking of getting one and I know you're into all that. I remember you had the one plus one.
@Jack Parke

High flow airfilter and stronger dumpvalve, also there was a boost leak on a one-way valve. But car feels a lot better :smile:

That's really good, with a full de cat exhaust, bigger injectors and a fmic should see 140-145?

That's the plans I have anyway :D

Clio Mk3 tce
That's really good, with a full de cat exhaust, bigger injectors and a fmic should see 140-145?

That's the plans I have anyway :smiley:
Good idea, although you shouldn't need bigger injectors with a remap. Jeep hearing people fitting 182 injectors but it isn't needed as with my remap the injectors are only at 75%duty cycle and apparently 90% is still safe