ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SECURITY VIDEO CAMERAS - WATCHING OVER CAR

Hi all,
I'm looking to set a (some) cameras up to deter the spongs.
Loads of stuff on e-bay but has anyone got any recommendations.

idealy would like SD recorder built in with a bright light and movement sensor, so only records when detects movement.
Loads of good stuff coming out of Japan on e-bay but wondered if anyone had anything up and running.
Obviously if you have a cam running in the car they might be more likely to break window to nick the camera because there mugs are on it.
I can install a remote camera looking at the car, either attached to a nearby Tree or the side of my flat, trouble is if a light comes on when it detects movement and starts recording they might throw stuff at it to damage it.
look at these for instance;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/IR-VIDEO-CAME...hash=item180290027860&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CAR-RECORD-CAMERA-ROAD-SAFETY-SECURITY-FREE-2G-SD-CARD_W0QQitemZ300261643174QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CCTV?hash=item300261643174&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BUG-EYE-REMOTE-SD-DVR-CAMERA-RECORDER-NIGHT-VISION-SPY_W0QQitemZ120367328332QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Gadgets?hash=item120367328332&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318
Andy

Last edited:

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I bought a night vision camera with PIR from ebay and it works brilliantly.

As for recording, its plugged into my old desktop, which automatically uploads it to my web hosting so its all compressed on there.

Then, you can get software for it so it deletes the files after so many days to keep the storage low. Ive never had to use as yet though so fingers crossed i wont.

But the web hosting way is a bit cheaper tbh!

As for recording, its plugged into my old desktop, which automatically uploads it to my web hosting so its all compressed on there.

Then, you can get software for it so it deletes the files after so many days to keep the storage low. Ive never had to use as yet though so fingers crossed i wont.

Hi mate,
Where does the camera sit?
What sort of viewing angle do you get?
Andy

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Park it in my garage to keep it safe, but I'll need both key cards and the V5......;)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
I have a fully integrated system to watch over my car. A camera with IR lights is fed to a Linux Zoneminder server, the server analyzes each frame for movement.

I can view the events or a live view from anywhere with internet connectivity (including my mobile) I can even have it email or sms me when there is an event if I wanted. It also feeds directly into my home media system so I can access it on my telly using the remote.

check out zoneminders website for details.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
I have a fully integrated system to watch over my car. A camera with IR lights is fed to a Linux Zoneminder server, the server analyzes each frame for movement.

I can view the events or a live view from anywhere with internet connectivity (including my mobile) I can even have it email or sms me when there is an event if I wanted. It also feeds directly into my home media system so I can access it on my telly using the remote.

check out zoneminders website for details.
Sounds very good, is the camera pointing at the car or inside the car pointing out?
Is the camera Wireless?
Andy

just set up cctv at my house, im using one of these -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=290297675677

its an excellent bit of kit and can record up to 4 cameras at once. it also has a built in movement sensor, which is what i use.

i would recommend one of these low light camers, this ir diode camers are poo

http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/board_camera_bw_low_light.htm
(right down the bottom)

0.003lux and 570lines
Thanks for the advice.
Andy

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I was in Costco the other day they had a couple of systems with four cameras each looked pretty good, recorded to hard disk etc.

Pity yours doesn't work :rasp: