ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sensor housed Within Interior Light card

ITB'd 172 POPTART
I have noticed for a few years now that i hear this like motor spinning noise coming from where the interior light that sits above your head and has really bugged the hell out of me. I finally got that annoyed with it, that i pulled the roof card off and removed the plug to a black slug looking thing.

To much displeasure i thought it worked and was chuffed, but of course it had a job to play and noticed this morning that it actually regulates the temperature in the car in accordance to the climate control. So i think ill have to put up with it. Unless i enjoy a 23ish oC breeze/heat.

Just thought if anyone ever wondered what it was then thats what that noise is :) FYI

Please note this is in a 172 Ph 2 full fat........(possibly other models)

Craig

Megane dci 130
Do a search there loads on threads on this! Its the cabin temperature sensor for the climate control. A new one will cure the problem. :)

will it really cure the problem? the noise seems to be coming from the plastics vibrating & not the fan itself so i bet it would do exactly the same thing again... otherwise they are £20ish from renault