ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sensor problem!

Clio sport 2.0 16v 172ph1
I have a problem with a sensor, i dont know the name in english i put a picture for you. The problem is, i start the car and te rpm goes to 4000rpm! i put a brand new sensor, so, i dont know what i have to do now.. i disconected the battery. and wait 30 mints to plug in again! if u can help me guys would be great for me.
also i have, crank sensor new, lambda sensor new. everything new. Before i changed this sensor works bad, but good, because when car get 90° the engine run around 1,250rpm, i know that it MUST works around 750rpm!
thx
Demi

dsc03170r.jpg

53 Clio's & counting
That is your idle control valve, it is what makes your car idle - is it fitted correctly? It sounds like you have an air leak.

Or your throttle body is sticking slightly open

I put the idle control valve just like was removed the old one. the sensor is plugged in perfect. its a mistery! because i dont know what i have to do. Checked every part and was perfect. also i cleaned everything.
what i think is the blue circle that is around the idle valve control, you can see in the picture have to remove or leave there.

anyway thanks!

no, i didnt, the other owner of the car did it.
wel.. i reconnect the battery and the ICV came to 750rpm and work perfect. But i have another problem now.. if you accelerate the car fastly and then leave the car goes by himself!! the rpm goes to 0 =( . im really confuse.. cause i dont know what i have to do now.. need scan? i didit before and the result was 0 error except the sensor of wheel steering.
think that i have to change the sparkplugs??