ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SERV and Air bag light

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
The SERV and Air bag light keeps coming on.

Any ideas before i take it to be checked out.

Car is a 1.2 dynamique, and is totally standard.

Audi S1
It's a sensor under the passenger seat. The connection comes loose and this is the outcome. You can fix it yourself, just try and reset the connection.

Inferno 182 Cup
Mine kept coming on and i got it plugged in at work and the error was from
The front passenger airbag switch, i had turned it off to put my little un up front, he said thats been the case on lots of renaults hes worked on

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Could be the seat connections as they are common but it could also be many other things. For what its worth check the seating harness but these cars are getting on a bit now and its just as likely to be the steering wheel clockring or a lateral crash sensor at fault and to correctly diagnose the fault it will need to go on a proper diagnostic.

Mick

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
There is a click every now and then when the steering wheel goes to full lock, could that be anything to do with it?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
possibly the clockring gone but again, theres loads of components that make up the SRS system and it could be any one.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Ok so now another fault. driving home tonight my horn beeped itself, i thought how random!

5 minuets down the road the horn went off full pelt for a good 10 mins or so, Could this be related?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
yep, it all goes via the clockring... sounds like you've got yourself a short to ground or pos.

New control set required i'm afraid unless you do a pikey re-solder on the ribbon cable but it won't last (they never do).

Mick

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Ok the horn cable had snapped.. When steering it was rubbing against the other end, thus setting the horn off.. The air bag light was due to a faulty sensor on the passenger seatbelt..

I've had to get a new lead setup thing for inside the steering wheel and the sensor replaced for the seat.. All ended up costing £250 minus vat as it went through the company.

172 clio
My SERV light is on, no airbag light. I have had a good look under the passenger seat and see the connector block, just one block mind? cant seem to find the other side to the connector :dead:

Any reason why someone may have chopped it? standard seats in?

172 For sale
ABS light is already a failiure so you shouldnt have passed that one.

Airbag light will be a failure from January.