ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Serv Light is on.........

As above. Today the serv light came on when i start the car. It also flashes up on the screen "Oil ---------"

Any ideas what this could be? Havent had a chance to check oil levels, i will do tomorrow. And the Oil light is not on either though!

It is a 182 by the way!

Jack

Generally when a car flashes Oil at you, it means check your oil. I would check it asap mate, before you next drive it

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
mine did exactly the same 2 hours ago after being parked tilted to the right, moved the car to a flat surface, let her settle a bit, checked underneath for leaks and everything ok. 2 mins later the warning was gone. drove it another hour or so and then stopped again slightly tilted to the right but nothing too much (I usually stop there very often since I have the car and nothing happened so far) and the warning lights came on again... drove it a few meters on a flat spot and the lights remained lit this time even after 10 mins :(
was unable to check the dipstick cause of the engine being hot, but i'm pretty sure the oil is ok, I never had problems with the oil level, never had to add any between service intervals either
maybe the oil level sensor is messed up?
I'll check tomorrow the dipstick and let you know

Evo 8 MR
FFS Check the f**king dipstick you planks!!

Or do you need a guide on how to find it..?

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
I tried to and was about to burn my hand! I'll give it a try later in the day

Clio 182 arctic
FFS Check the f**king dipstick you planks!!

Or do you need a guide on how to find it..?
THIS TBH
dont mean to offend anyon but you know.....oh no a warning light has come on and another one is flashing 'oil' at me. i have no idea what it may be. come on. just stop and think for 1 second.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
yeah I stopped and gave it a thought relax ;) and this morning checked the stick and the oil was close to minimal. I was just thinkin' that's not the case last night, since the car NEVER drank any oil before between oil changes, I was using elf 5w 40 every 10 000 km (~6k miles) but since the last service I am running Motul 5w 40 300v and in 8000 km it consumed about a liter which is a bit odd since I was driving like the usual, no track days etc. maybe the oil properties caused this I'm not really sure

Mk5 golf gti
Ignore people on here being c***s...it doesnt always come on if oil is low

It can be tempermental and come on if your parked on an incline

mine used to do it everytime i went for a haircut because the road leans like f**k towards the curb lol

always let it cool down and check the dipstick though as you dont wanna risk running on low oil