ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Service/ABS/Traction Control Light

2004 AB 182
Hi Guys, has a look but can't seemt to find anything of significance on this.

Every now and then when I'm driving my service, abs and traction control lights come on. If I turn the engine off and back on again they go out. I find it's usually during this poor weather as had this last year with the snow and then during the summer drove to Manchester and Bath and it never came on once.

Any ideas why this might be happening and is it likely to be a problem??

Thanks,

Davey

Nothing at the mo :(
I was told its some sensor behind the steering wheel. as i hit my steering wheel once and mine came on too lol

Artic Blue 182 FF
I had my light come on and took it to the garage for a quick plug in and came up with the steering colomn position sensor. However since clearing the fault it hasnt come back since. The sensor isnt too expensive.. Get it plugged in as the fault should be logged?

Could be the Clock Squib thing. I thought mine went on the 172, so I bought a spare one (still have it if you need one) but it wasnt this problem.

In my case, it ended up being the abs ring and abs sensor.

2004 AB 182
Ok thanks guys!! I will get it into a garage in the new year to get it checked out. Just seems weird that it's only when the weather is bad!!

sames happend with me... i think its cause the snow gets into the sensors and blocks them up... took my car for a drive down the motorway today and its fine now.. didnt come on after driving for an hour in no snow. but last night i couldnt keep the bloody thing off... came on.. turned ignotion off, back on... went down road and its back on again.. i wouldnt bother taking it till the snows gone ( thats if you have snow that is)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It could honestly be a number of things... a poor connection or the "SAS" itself is pretty common as these cars get on a bit but swapping it on a whim isn't smart so get it diagnosed - plus i'm sure the "SAS" needs setting up on a CLIP

clio 172, MR2 Import
Sorry for reviving a dead thread, but just incase it helps any one else looking for an answer my 172 was doing this as well, only during snow, after looking at it, it was because one of my rear brakes were binding slightly, which when driving on the snow was locking the wheel, and because the other 3 were turning as normal it thought it was a problem with the abs ring and brought on the light.
I only noticed because when I pulled into my driveway i had 3 normal tyre marks and 1 snow plough effect lol.

Hope this helps