ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Service Due - Engine Oil?

LY182. Golf GT TDI 195.
Service is due soon and just wondering which engie oil to use. Has anyone used Silkolene Pro S 5w-40 oil before? If so what are your opinions? Also can someone tell me where to buy Elf oil from?

Mine gets the cheapest 5-40 I can find. Lets be realistic are you likely to have the car til it exceeds 100000 (I doubt it) then it really doesnt matter. (To be honest it would be fine anyway) At the end of the day its a french piece not a Ferrari although i do contradict myself a little by changing it quite regularly :eek:

That stuff is top notch though if you want to splash out then anything from www.opieoils.co.uk is good stuff. Quick delivery too.

LY182. Golf GT TDI 195.
opieoils don't seem to sell Elf stuff. anyone else know where I can buy from?

opieoils don't seem to sell Elf stuff. anyone else know where I can buy from?

May I ask why you want 'Elf' stuff?

Opieoils only sell the best s**t. Anything 5-40 will be more than qualified for a french piece.
The main dealer will do Elf though or maybe somewhere like GSF but I dont think its easy to get hold of.

BMW M135i
Yeh the stealer will sell Elf stuff, i've been using halfords own 5w40 for ages now (made by comma) and its seems to be pretty good stuff.