ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SERVO light has STOPPED coming on yipheeee!!

clio 172 cup
I just thought id let people who have had the annoyance of the serv light coming on how ive accidentally managed to keep it off!

The serv light on my clio 172 cup always came on very randomly at least every other day, and strangely always when i had it parked on a certain place on my drive(slight incline)

also when the light came on the dash it would not read the oil as it would just flash!?!?!

so this got me thinking OIL CHANGE!?!?! so i checked the dipstick and it was on about a quarter.

The car was due an oil change anyway so i took it for a good thrashing got the oil nice and hot and drained it, changed the filter and put new plugs in. put in exactly 5 litres so its just below the max on the dipstick, i think these clio's like alot of oil.

Low and behold the SERV light hasnt appeared since that was 2 and a half weeks ago!!!!

so before u got and get raped by some so called renault technican :mad: to have it plugged in for a stupid ammount of money!! please try a simple oil change i really hope this works for you as its worked for me!!

Good Luck ;)

clio 172 cup
Not sure about the air bag light mate but give it a go anyway an oil change and sparkplug change won't do ur car any harm

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
i have the SERV light and airbag light on mine all the time? could this possibly fix mine? or not?
Serv and airbag light is most probably loose connection under one of the front seats.
Mine is under the passenger seat, try wiggling them all under both seats before you start your car to see if that turns it off.
I keep meaning to solder mine together at some point but its finding the time!