ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Setting myself up for abuse here:

trophy #50
:) dirty Perves.
I haven't got many of the vxr. It's not an Astra anyway.
uba6u2yn.jpg

dana4aha.jpg

These are ones I got tagged in on fb so don't blame me for the bad pics. I have got ones of it at the ring as well but I'm at work and Cba to find them right now.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Jen, you but this from a chap called Dave? Thought it was going quite cheap so you probably got a bargain. (A lot cheaper than making a rep, and it still being the real deal lol)

Let the trophy police hate! Your car, your mods.

trophy #50
Yes, he was from your area. He and I have a few friends in common.
Got the car for 3.5k. Came with stereo and uprated speakers too.
Lovely bloke. He wants it back. :)

Mondeo TDCI 130
This place cracks me up at times.... its a few K clio ffs, not an E type Jag! Enjoy it, sell it, buy something else!!

trophy #50
Because I'm not a sheep. And I've strayed from 'the flock' and modified a trophy. SHOCK!
Lower profile tyres because the ones I have look a little chunky

trophy #50
:) thanks guys. I can never understand the hate to be honest. It's strange though, the day before I posted this thread. Someone posted a thread with pics of their trophy on different wheels. Yet they get no s**t. Something seriously makes me think it's either because I'm femme, or my face just doesn't fit the requirements for here.
Strange place ;)

PB Clio 172
TBH though your thread title says you were expecting it and you seem shocked when you get some members that don't like it lol

I thought it looked ok - end of the day its your car, make your car your own and who cares what people behind a keyboard think

trophy #50
I don't care if they don't like it. I think some comments are unjustified. There's a difference.

RB 182 FF
I like it! Firstly the 172 headlights are a huge improvement cosmetically compared to the crappy Trophy ones, also the standard ride height of a Trophy is too high(looks jacked up! although handles well..) also a new K-tec setup is far better than a nackered Sach's setup, and if you don't drive it to the limit then a nice stance beats tip top handling so I'd say good job all round! Especially what you paid for it! The wheels are nice because they're different as well although Trophy Turini's are also lovely! The hate I don't understand, enjoy your unique car! :D

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Fancy ruining a lovely Trophy!!!! :(

Looks lovely mate!

This is my Trophy to upset the purist, lol.

263122.jpg

Last edited:

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I can never understand the hate to be honest.

Probably because people usually buy a Trophy for its superior performance parts, chief of which is several thousand pounds worth of suspenion, which you have now downgraded and therefore voided it's 'superior' title so to me it's just a 182 now.

Just to clarify, I don't really give a f**k. It's not my car after all.

trophy #50
Probably because people usually buy a Trophy for its superior performance parts, chief of which is several thousand pounds worth of suspenion, which you have now downgraded and therefore voided it's 'superior' title so to me it's just a 182 now.

Probably.

But that's not why I bought it.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator

So my question is this: If the OP had fitted Ast sportline 2's, which lets be honest, gets rave reviews on here and is used by pretty much all the racers, would that make a trophy less superior? This is a genuine question that I'm keen to find out opinions on.

I think it looks quite cool with the wheels and current stance, which is unusual for me as I prefer substance over style.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
So my question is this: If the OP had fitted Ast sportline 2's, which lets be honest, gets rave reviews on here and is used by pretty much all the racers, would that make a trophy less superior? This is a genuine question that I'm keen to find out opinions on.

I think it looks quite cool with the wheels and current stance, which is unusual for me as I prefer substance over style.

Interesting! I suppose I would respect it as a performance car a bit more but I would still feel like it's tainted the 'Trophy' brand.

I'm not overly opposed to swapping the dampers in all cases, if mine failed after buying brand new units I'd consider a high end alternative, but I'd know deep down something wasn't right about the car. Thats just me though. To some people its purely a lump of metal and painting it in red hammerite wouldn't matter.

RB 182 195bhp
Yes yes yes, shouldnt have got rid of them.
don't bother going on about the Sachs. You're wasting your time.
I didn't like the ride height. I didn't buy it for the suspension.

Looks really nice! People will say about the suspension, as it's what makes the trophy different to a normal 182, so removing it makes it a normal 182 really. So it's effectively the only red 182 imo lol. Looks smart though :).

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Interesting! I suppose I would respect it as a performance car a bit more but I would still feel like it's tainted the 'Trophy' brand.

I'm not overly opposed to swapping the dampers in all cases, if mine failed after buying brand new units I'd consider a high end alternative, but I'd know deep down something wasn't right about the car. Thats just me though. To some people its purely a lump of metal and painting it in red hammerite wouldn't matter.

Yeah that's fair enough mate, I can understand your point of view towards it as well.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
If you're going to deck it at least give it a bit of stance. Looks a bit poo TBH, but it's your car.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
The only thing that lets it down for me is the Sachs not being there but other than that i love the wheels and the look of the car.

trophy #50
Liam
Have you not read the comments? It's work... In... Progress.
Having just poured all my money into buying a house, the car has taken a back seat. Can only afford a little at a time.
The bf bought the wheels for me and kept the money we got for the f1s. Next thing on the list is actually a new windscreen before anything else. Not going to rush and do loads to the car at once and for it to be a shoddy job.
Thanks for the advice though, it's in the works.

Thanks Marc. :)

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Not really, I just looked at the pics lol. Fair dos, look forward to the updates.