ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shmee in a Vee

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Got to have a great deal of respect for Tim’s reply. Takes a lot of time to read a thread and compose a down to earth post.

It’s a shame people put on a different persona when posting on a forum (sure some smart aleck will disagree) but, whatever your view, this is an excellent addition to a community which we all have to admit has started to wane in the last few years. To have a member actively investing in the cars, pushing heritage and getting attention of more like minded owners is only positive. You know it was scraping the barrel when people are buying cars for their catalytic converters 😂

Evo 5 RS
Hi all, thanks for the lovely welcome 😅

Michael, I'm sorry to say that your sources are about as reliable as those used by Donald Trump.

The paintwork was quoted before I'd even bought the car at only one bodyshop, Godlemans, and it was booked with them at that time in late May as paid work. I spoke to Acton Coachworks in London recently in an informal way while they were doing other paid work for me for a ballpark of their prices, but before even doing an accurate quote it was too high for what I wanted with the car and its value, so I stuck with the original booking.

If another bodyshop has told you that they've sent me a quote for this job, I'd avoid them like the plaque because they clearly have no issues lying to you. I've previously repainted 2 other cars, spending the best part of £50k on them, and have absolutely no problems paying to get the right work - there are enough examples of shoddy freebie-jobs out there.
Hi Tim,

Of course, you certainly do get what you pay for and most of us have been around enough times to have been burnt in the past. For what it's worth, it wasn't a dig - if someone was offering something at a reduced rate for exposure there's no harm in taking it assuming you know it's going to be done to a good standard.

I'm sure you'd agree, however, finding good painters is like gold dust. If you're paying over the odds for quality work, it's sometimes more of a waste of fuel, transport and one's time to keep looking for a competitive quote.

In this case, being that it's a complete glass-out repaint I would think do it right or don't do it at all. I suppose it all depends on what your uses are for the car and how long you intend to keep it.

gavinf91

ClioSport Club Member
Is it really Shmeeeeee or jusy his team posting [emoji848]

It might be his team but even if not I’m sure he’s well versed in responding to people calling him a cringey lispy mong whilst safe in the knowledge he’s got millions in the bank with about 50 super cars on the drive living the kind of life we can only dream of.

No bumlick.

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
Dont hate.

He is doing everything that each and every one of us would love to do.

He is playing the marketing game whilst experiencing some fantastic cars.

If you dont like the content, dont watch it. I enjoy the videos about the Vee, watched the Yaris GR stuff and the Black Series cars but shy away from some of the other stuff as its not my bag.

Clio V6 Phase II
Welcome to CS

When they paint the car keep the side pods the standard Ti Silver !!
Looks much better ( than the one that has colour coded )

I owned Acid yellow FX05 NZO.

View attachment 1602942

French car show 2005.

Now that looks fantastic! Honestly, silver pods and wheels suit it perfectly, I'm a big fan of that spec hence the choice.

Is it really Shmeeeeee or jusy his team posting [emoji848]

It is actually me on this one. While members of the team do reply to some DMs and certainly comments on all social media platforms, that's more out of necessity due to simply how many hours a day it requires to keep on top of it all.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
fair f**king play, my level of respect for @Shmee150 has just shot up. Top work…but you should really be a paid up member given your Clio history 😉

100% this needs to happen Tim AKA @Shmee150

We're very similar by the way, I have a YouTube channel too; www.youtube.com/markcup70

Like comment subscribe ;)

Seriously though, and I don't use this word lightly, I'm in awe of what you've managed to build...I can appreciate how much effort the constant output takes.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
FLOL he actually replied!

I think anyone who watched the interview with Late Brake Show would realise that 'Schmee' and 'Tim' are two entirely different people. Thats the nature of a 'on screen' character.

Ill be the first to admit, I dont often watch the videos - The Shmee vibe isnt for me and the newest supercar isnt really my bag - it obviously is for a lot of people though!

However, the work ethic this man has is truly insane. How many of us would be able to sustain all the pressure and tolls it takes on your life for over ten years - sometimes 18 hour days (and more!). I know I definitely couldnt. 9 - 5 running a business is sometimes more than enough for me, let alone all the abuse that comes with being on youtube.

As Mark said, I am truly in awe of what he's been able to achieve. In a way, im jealous, in other ways im absolutely not. I can turn everything off and let my work run itself for a couple of weeks if I want a holiday. Then again, I dont get to have access to the kind of metal he does so its swings and roundabouts.

Howell

ClioSport Club Member
  172, Crafter, A3
Now that looks fantastic! Honestly, silver pods and wheels suit it perfectly, I'm a big fan of that spec hence the choice.

It is actually me on this one. While members of the team do reply to some DMs and certainly comments on all social media platforms, that's more out of necessity due to simply how many hours a day it requires to keep on top of it all.

Can we have a selfie with a dust pan on your head for proof?

Clio V6 Phase II
2022-07-18 12.53.15.jpg

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The videos aren’t my cup of tea, but he came across really well on the late brake show.
Did used to watch some of the seen though glass stuff, but since noticing his arms seem to have been possessed by this guy it’s just too distracting.
52pB.gif

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
First I saw of you was back in the day when you were jumping in and out of supercars in London, your name was familiar to me as an internet car guy, but it wasn't until Johnny Smith went round your yard that I realised who you were, i'll definitely be following your progress on the Vee and you're on the right forum for all the relevant info, i'll also be enjoying peoples meltdowns when you modify it in a way that isn't scene approved. :ROFLMAO:

What's the deal with the bog standard Clio in the corner?

Clio V6 Phase II
First I saw of you was back in the day when you were jumping in and out of supercars in London, your name was familiar to me as an internet car guy, but it wasn't until Johnny Smith went round your yard that I realised who you were, i'll definitely be following your progress on the Vee and you're on the right forum for all the relevant info, i'll also be enjoying peoples meltdowns when you modify it in a way that isn't scene approved. :ROFLMAO:

What's the deal with the bog standard Clio in the corner?

My first car in 2005 was a silver 3 door Clio 1.2 Dynamique; with which I drove 33,000 miles over 3.5 years. For a while I tried to track down exactly that car until in March 2020 I finally managed to get a lead on it when unfortunately it was then involved in an accident and written off by insurance. Considering what else was happening in the world at that moment in time, I was unable to get my hands on it until after it had been crushed into a cube of metal, which I do now own and have stored off site.

However, as a bit of a 'tribute', I picked up another identical car in the same silver, with the same interior, and the same options with sunroof and auto lights, and even put onto it the same registration that I had on mine and still owned since. I enjoy seeing it in the garage and remembering back to those days and my first road trips and adventures, and what they meant to me back then.

Originally my idea was to perhaps put a Clio 182 engine into it and build it into a bit of a project, but now with the Clio V6 coming along that idea is a bit redundant - or perhaps it's what we do next, who knows!

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
My first car in 2005 was a silver 3 door Clio 1.2 Dynamique; with which I drove 33,000 miles over 3.5 years. For a while I tried to track down exactly that car until in March 2020 I finally managed to get a lead on it when unfortunately it was then involved in an accident and written off by insurance. Considering what else was happening in the world at that moment in time, I was unable to get my hands on it until after it had been crushed into a cube of metal, which I do now own and have stored off site.

However, as a bit of a 'tribute', I picked up another identical car in the same silver, with the same interior, and the same options with sunroof and auto lights, and even put onto it the same registration that I had on mine and still owned since. I enjoy seeing it in the garage and remembering back to those days and my first road trips and adventures, and what they meant to me back then.

Originally my idea was to perhaps put a Clio 182 engine into it and build it into a bit of a project, but now with the Clio V6 coming along that idea is a bit redundant - or perhaps it's what we do next, who knows!
Fair play to you, cars are a funny thing and get combined with your memories of the good times you had and the people you were with, I want an old Rover Metro 1.1 for the same reasons, they're absolutely terrible and if you have an accident you will definitely die, I think it still holds the record for having the worst ENCAP rating in history but it was my first taste of freedom, whenever I see one on the roads it always makes me smile so I just want one as a nostalgic low and slow cruiser.

Love the fact you bought the crushed cube that used to be your first car, i've honestly never heard of anyone doing that before. :cool:

Clio V6 Phase II
Fair play to you, cars are a funny thing and get combined with your memories of the good times you had and the people you were with, I want an old Rover Metro 1.1 for the same reasons, they're absolutely terrible and if you have an accident you will definitely die, I think it still holds the record for having the worst ENCAP rating in history but it was my first taste of freedom, whenever I see one on the roads it always makes me smile so I just want one as a nostalgic low and slow cruiser.

Love the fact you bought the crushed cube that used to be your first car, i've honestly never heard of anyone doing that before. :cool:

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-07-18 at 2.04.37 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-07-18 at 2.04.37 PM.jpeg
    757.9 KB · Views: 155

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I don't get why people rip on @Shmee150
It's not as though you're forced to watch the content he puts out and to be fair his channel provides many with an insight in to cars we can only dream of seeing in the flesh.

Though for missing out on CSF22, I think he should put a 10K donation over to DementiaUK 🤷‍♂️ Or push on with the 182 swap as well. Only seems fair.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member

This is exactly what i have 'planned' for my lottery win garage! I still have most of my old v5s to 'recreate' my early car history.