ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shmee in a Vee

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3
Started my Clio journey at 17 too with a mega 2000 1.2 8V MTV 🤣

I ruined that car with a peco big bore 4 exhaust, 172 rep alloys, BOGE springs which would have shaked the bones of my ancestors, tacky chrome M3 mirrors and chrome LED washer jets haha then some ridiculous sound system - thankfully no photo evidence except what is burned in my memory

Then I moved onto a 2003 Dci 80 for 3 years and 60k miles - the modding continued but a bit more fitting for the time and stylish with 182 bodykit and prima racing skirt kit. Stupidly put 18's on it, huge sound system again - overall ruined but loved it.

Havent had a clio since 2006 but always dipped in and out of here and I will own a clio sport at some stage, I have too!

Respect @Shmee150 for coming on and tackling the trolls

DaveL485

ClioSport Club Member
  21T, 9T, Meglio, V6
The plan is to bring it fully back to former glory but there's a lot of work to be done - for example the entire body has marks and damage all over, hence the need to paint it regardless. It is effectively a project that Tom is managing, and he's putting together something brilliant in my eyes.
I'm also a believer in building the car you want, not the car other people want and worrying about resales value, mileage, and whatever else. I've got some experience in the area with the Vee too, drop me a line if you need any help, theres a great community of owners here in the UK. I've recently sourced and developed a solution for new driveshaft outer CV assemblies as an example, because of course, you can't get the OE V6 part any more. Another owner has a replacement solution for front lower balljoints... etc etc.

I1.jpgI4.jpgI6.jpg

I've got it just the way I want it now
tongue.gif

KF1_4067.jpgKF1_4056.jpg

Couple of suggestions - get some camber bolts or a way of adjusting camber. 1° negative on all 4 corners transforms the turn in.
Michelin PS4 really seem to suit it, and I crammed 255's on the back of mine.
A nice set of bucket seats and a steering wheel really make it feel a bit more special inside, it's a bit too "normal clio" otherwise. I went for Pole Positions.
Carry a couple of spare coil packs in your glovebox, with the socket to change one out on the road. You WILL need it at some point lol.

KF1_4072.jpg

DON'T throw ANYTHING away that can be reused. Keep the old clutch, it can be refurbed for someone (for example).

Clio
First I saw of you was back in the day when you were jumping in and out of supercars in London, your name was familiar to me as an internet car guy, but it wasn't until Johnny Smith went round your yard that I realised who you were, i'll definitely be following your progress on the Vee and you're on the right forum for all the relevant info, i'll also be enjoying peoples meltdowns when you modify it in a way that isn't scene approved. :ROFLMAO:

What's the deal with the bog standard Clio in the corner?
DId this bloke get all those cars from making YT videos?

Imagine if he had an only fans

Clio
I'm starting to feel like I've spent far to much time of my internet life on redtube and missed a few things.

Can someone please give me a breakdown of how @DaveDreads has gone from knowing this bloke carjacking ???? to pretty much having a dream garage?

This isn't going to be another one of these he also had an import business from South America?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I saw him on YT / TV years ago, then some years past, then I saw him on Johhny Smiths YT channel the other month, then this thread started; and here we are.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
All my cars are on these: https://www.ctek.com/uk/battery-chargers-12v-24v/cs-one-uk

The relationship with Ctek is fantastic because I was using all of their equipment for my cars already, they saw this and now we have a collaboration together.

@Shmee150 Discount Codes for CS Members (y):sneaky:

That's Amazing, Its the cable length im looking for with these.

One car is in a carcoon so that has the battery conditioning on it but my Trophy has one that gives me the fear and I don't know why so looking to upgrade ASAP

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
Very happy with this so far!

Is it worth investigating a badge cover to take away the shint badge against the green?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
That looks pretty darned sweet. I thought Acid was the wrong colour when it was announced but my mind has been changed; really like that to be honest.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Only thing he'll need to wrap is his dick due to all the skipfulls of pussy he's about to get driving that about...
Deffo going to have some thicc chicks slobbering on his ham candle.

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
How much does a spray job like that cost to the average punter? Rather than a Schmee special?

DaveL485

ClioSport Club Member
  21T, 9T, Meglio, V6
I would estimate close to £10k
I was quoted £14k by Option One for mine.

I ended up taking it all the way to Aberdeen (from Coventry) and got a really, really top quality job through a friend for a quarter of that which made the 450 miles each way with a trailer well worth it!