ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shorter 172 TB Hose

Has anybody tried fitting a shorter hose between the TB and the airbox on a Mk2172/cup in order to get more room to properly fit an IK. The standard hose looks like it could lose about an inch? Also, anybody tried relocating some of the radiator hoses that are in the way if you try to drop an IK feed straight down to the lower grille?

Mk2 172

Id have a look at some of the forum users pictures of their cars. There are some shots of engines you might like.

ok, the 90 degree black hose connecting the airbox to the main throttle body inlet. The end that connects to the airbox (or any replacement filter you happen to be using) is corrugated.

AnywayZ: Ze question iZ: can this hose be slightly shortened by about an inch so that my BMC CDA airbox (16cm in length) can be fitted and leave me with enough room at the front of it for a nice wide angle inlet pipe bend.

The only interesting piccy on the site is the Hill power job in Ak-Uks car where Nick seems to have replaced the hose in question with a bit of red silicon hose.

If you can cut it and get a seal i dont see why not, it wont harm it.

I dont have any of my pictures on this computer, all the ones of how i routed big 100mm ID wire supported ducting to the front grillle and the replacement silicone elbow.

Wont be getting to that comp till summer! lol

Its and easy job, the part comes with the Viper kit.

Thanks. Ill get a 90 degree 100mm silicone hose elbow tapering to 70mm to connect to my BMC and cut it to the correct length and keep the original reno hose in case I need to refit the original airbox. question is how to replace the thin sensor pipe that connects to the original one.

What sensor pipe?

You mean the Breather pipe?

The hillpower one has an adaptor on it i think. You could drill a hole, slot in an appropriate sized tube with a flange on the end.