ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should Cobra subframes need drilling?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Got a subframe for my Clubman seat to go in the 182. I've tried to line it up and it would appear that only 2 of the holes are in the correct position.

I've marked up where the other 2 holes 'should' be but unsure if I should just go for it.

The subframes were bought with runners direct from Cobra Seats.
Any help/advice greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20160522_134314.jpg
    20160522_134314.jpg
    395 KB · Views: 113
  200 Cup, 595 Abarth
I'd just go ahead and drill it. I had OMP frames in my last car and the holes were also out of line slightly also.

Reactions: Don

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
Surely that is upside down or have you intentionally done that just to show in the pic ?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I was trying to show the only way the holes will line up. If I put it the other way around it goes nowhere near fitting.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
@JON FOZ

How much for a standard 182 drivers subframe (normal, not x-low) and I would be looking to pick up this weekend if that is good with you.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
You sure they haven't sent you the wrong subframe? I ordered a drivers side direct from cobra and had this exact problem, yet it's fitted perfectly on pass side

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
@JON FOZ

How much for a standard 182 drivers subframe (normal, not x-low) and I would be looking to pick up this weekend if that is good with you.
I don't bother with standard height subframes now as the demand is not there since the X-Lows.

You can alter the height on your sidemounts or space an X-Low up if required

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I don't bother with standard height subframes now as the demand is not there since the X-Lows.
I haven't got side mounts.
You can alter the height on your sidemounts or space an X-Low up if required

I've got the runners so I can adjust it back and forwards. Would this cause a problem or do you know where I can get spacers from?

Ps. How much collected?

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
I've got the runners so I can adjust it back and forwards. Would this cause a problem or do you know where I can get spacers from?

Ps. How much collected?
£70 collected for a single X-Low

Cheers