ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should I De-Wiper ?

BMW 330ci
My rear wiper has broke, god knows how...but I was thinking do I just buy a new replacement, or is it the perfect chance to de-wiper ;)

What do people think.

6685399905_377d12f27f.jpg

DSCF4043 by Brad-Smith, on Flickr

left the wiper up, so that I could get a better view of what it would look like.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks daft IMO. It's meant to be there... leave it be.

I barely used the rear one on my Clio but the screen ends up HANGING in winter or generally when there's a week in the month in the UK thanks to the weather. Inherrent aero fail thanks to the hatchback design.

What's broken ? Fuse/relay, or physically snapped blade ?!

ITB BG 182
Do it, get rid and de-wiper. But if you dont like it in a week or two then you can always put it back on?

BMW 330ci
I dunno I just gave the car a clean yesterday, and before cleaning it I removed the clio badge to clean behind it, and then I looked at the wiper and took it off, and like all I had was two metal parts, and the rubber, I was like :S...Oh dear lol. God knows what happened lol.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
If you're needing a new rear wiper assembly I've got all the bits including a fairly decent wiper if you like.

Personal preference with dewipering, I like i, my wife hates it cos she likes being able to see out the back window!

BMW 330ci
Its only the blade whats gone on it, nothing wrong with the wiper.

Really like the look of it when its de-wipered though tbf, just think it tidies the back up.

BMW 330ci
Well I can't use it ATM anyway because of it having no blade on it will wreck the arm and the window. But tbh I think I could because I clean it once every two weeks.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Aye but mind it'll come on if you go into reverse with the wipers on, thats why Im saying disconnect it altogether to stop it wrecking the window

Accord 2.4
It looks good removed but I wouldnt bother,

When driving my old mans accord saloon in the rain you really miss a rear wiper! The clio rear screen tends to get dirty really quick and im always using the rear wiper, on my mondeo I hardly used it in 4 years lol

ITB BG 182
I personally, i dont look out the rear window much, to the point i got chav tints and still it dont bother me.

BMW 330ci
Oh man...decisions lol. Anyone got any pics I know it will look like mine bla bla. Also has anyone got a blanking plate for sale ?