ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should top mounts twist when stationary?

Battery Nonce

ClioSport Club Member
I'm trying to get to the bottom of my handling issues and noticed the other day that when stationary, the top mounts physically twist when I turn the steering wheel. Not a small amount too, they're moving quite a bit!

Is this normal?

Cheers

I'd say it's normal as they are connected to the struts of which the steering rack is also. I'd be worried if they didn't move.

Maybe top mount bearing? Tracking, leaking shocks, anti roll bar bushes?

Kinda issues you having?

Battery Nonce

ClioSport Club Member
Standard top mounts do move with the steering.

Ahh okay, thanks! :)

I'd say it's normal as they are connected to the struts of which the steering rack is also. I'd be worried if they didn't move.

Maybe top mount bearing? Tracking, leaking shocks, anti roll bar bushes?

Kinda issues you having?

Cheers mate!

I made a thread here about it, quite annoying as I still haven't got to the bottom of it!

http://www.cliosport.net/threads/car-pulling-when-accelerating-clunking-when-changing-gear.759943/

Video at the bottom too.

I've ordered some solid top mounts anyway as i've heard great reviews. Another one to knock off the list haha