ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Show Me Your Exhaust Tailpipes.

RenaultSport 172.
S'happening.
I'm booked in to Powerflow first thing in the morning to have my exhaust system adjusted and quietened.
I'm currently running a stealth system, but im 'ooooww'ing and arrrr'ing' running a visible tailpipe.
What are you guys currently running?

...The car in question is a PH2 172,
Thanks, Ross.

RenaultSport 172.
wouldn't have anything done at power-flow ....

I know Powerflow has mixed reviews and opinions across the country, but Phil; who runs Powerflow in stafford does an awesome job, as im sure anyone who has visited him will agree. :)

182, 6r GTi
I know Powerflow has mixed reviews and opinions across the country, but Phil; who runs Powerflow in stafford does an awesome job, as im sure anyone who has visited him will agree. :)

as long as u trust his work, one near me is crap, piss poor welding and leaking system from welds :nono:

Disastra Coupe
The Powerflow i had on my Saxo was also brilliant. As said, it's down to the person making your exhaust. You can't just call Powerflow crap when one person has done a s**t job, it's just that particular dealer.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Didn't even know there was one in Stafford. I reckon a nice inwardly rolled 2.5"/3" would look good. Id have it recessed in a 182 surround.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
3 inch outward rolled tip, sat right up close to the bumper with a small a back box as possible. (Visible backboxes look sheeeeeeee-ite. )

Megane r26
103_0203.jpg

I loved my old pea shooter on me old 172

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Well, the same as the yozza one, that size is perfect.

(I just assumed that was 3 inch)

Black Gold Trophy
I can safely say I've never seen a good quality powerflow exhaust.

I also think regardless of which powerflow franchise build the system for you, they still have major drawbacks compared to an off the shelf item.

From my experience:

- They do not mandrel bend the pipes, which is absolutely crucial to maintain consistent diameter throughout the system and an exhaust system that has bends that have not been made this way will normally lose power compared to the standard system.

- They use the flanges from your original exhaust system when they make your new exhaust (so in effect they build you a stainless system with mild steel flanges, which defeats the object imo and also means your original exhaust can't be refitted in the future as they've butchered it to make your powerflow one)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
- They use the flanges from your original exhaust system when they make your new exhaust (so in effect they build you a stainless system with mild steel flanges, which defeats the object imo and also means your original exhaust can't be refitted in the future as they've butchered it to make your powerflow one)

This is what pissed me off the most when I looked at my powerflow exhaust about a month after. ITs proper cowboy.

RenaultSport 172.
Any pictures that people have suggested?

Phil must use the powerflow franchise to gain his name then. Ive had several full exhaust systems from him, all completely stainless. All completely trouble free!

CLIO 172 CUP....
well he a pic of the powerflow exhaust i have fitted at the moment..(BUT IT COMING OFF VERY SOON).. cause the last few months it just been pissing me off..(DUNO WHAT I WAS THINKING PUTING IT ON LOL)..

06022011535.jpg

BlackGold 182
Have a look at my project thread, I have a custom prospeed exhaust, inward rolled 3' slash cut in to bumper

Sorry on phone otherwise would post pictures