ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silencer removal/ de cat. Help needed

197 F1 R27 Black
Hi, I was looking to make my R27 sound a little nicer for a small cost so I'm deciding between a de cat on the original exhaust or just a silencer removal. I have a few questions. Will a de cat affect MOT's? Also do you get a nice sound out of a simple silencer removal or is it worth de catting instead. I also need somewhere local who can do it. Was looking around and could do with somewhere in Lancashire which aren't gonna charge a bomb. Been to one garage who have said they would do it if I got the straight through pipe but I don't know the dimensions. Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers

Clio 200t
The pre-cat on the manifold generally should pass the MOT emissions test on its own. I have heard of a couple of people whose haven't though. Could always get a 'friendly' MOTer.

Removing the centre silencer does make the car a little louder, but also more tinny, videos on youtube on this. I personally dont like it.