ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silvia S15

It was Joshua.J or something, but he's not been on for ages :(

Finally found him to then realise he's been inactive haha.

Yep that's also what I'm thinking, either an S15 or an MX-5+182, undecided!

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
It was Joshua.J or something, but he's not been on for ages :(

Finally found him to then realise he's been inactive haha.

Yep that's also what I'm thinking, either an S15 or an MX-5+182, undecided!

Yeah MX5 and the Clio as a daily was actually another thought.

I have never been one to make rash decisions and impulse buy but I was soo so close when I saw this the other day...
http://pistonheads.com/sales/4188003.htm

That's pretty much perfect, ffs I need to get saving!

I think i'd probably go turbocharged though instead, and use it as a track/fun/drift toy.

So another diff would be needed too!

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Your opinion is wrong :p Turbo's are brilliant and can imagine would be on an mx5 but the power delivery and noise of the supercharger (and the fact that 220bhp in an mx5 would be plenty) would be my preferance.

I've seen his project thread and it looks great inside and out.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
It seems to be the route most drifters go down but is that not purely for cost reasons and wanting big bhp as they're normally heavier than mx-5's lol. I would have thought the power delivery on a supercharger was better due to being able to control and feaether the power, last thing you want surely is to be sideways, feathering the throttle and then come on boost and end up in the tyres/trees/etc

I'm not sure where I found the thread mate it was on an mx-5 forum I think, I'll try and find it this evening.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Ok cool, I'm also trying to persuade sbridgey to get an mx-5 as he wants a new toy/different car too, we'll all have to get one :D

They do seem pretty common on this forum actually. I don't think I could own one and nothing else though to be fair. I definitely can't afford 2 cars yet either. One day lol

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Ok cool, I'm also trying to persuade sbridgey to get an mx-5 as he wants a new toy/different car too, we'll all have to get one :D

I hear my name...

well I am now thinking Subura Impreza wagon turbo as a normal practical car and an mx5 for track purposes/weekends. hmmmm.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Matt...the S15 is owned by Josh. Whats up as I can give him a shout for you if thats any help.

Use Torque GT, that's who my mate got to import his. £10k is about right.

Look on SXOC and S15OC, there's plenty in the UK for sale already imported which will save money. A lot of importers don't want to touch 15s ATM as they don't make any money on them too. It's easy to get a good one, they'll translate all the auction sheets etc.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Matt you should be one, I do think it would be funny to see you drive it though, I can't picture you driving one...

Living at home + graduate job = easily able to afford that car!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Yep...living with 'The Rents' = life of luxury...before he moves away and in with missus!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
So go to the Bank as for £10,000 for an S15 and then go buy an S15.

This is nuts lol... 10k would get you a house deposit. Owning property would be smart - then before you know it, you can buy two drift cars!

This is nuts lol... 10k would get you a house deposit. Owning property would be smart - then before you know it, you can buy two drift cars!

You can't talk after spending that on an A3 :D

House deposit on what, a shoebox?! Spending 10k on a car that will maintain that value for the time being is hardly mental.

Plus then if I did sell it, then I have a house deposit, makes sense!

It's all just an idea at the moment, I certainly haven't got far in it yet, but to be honest I am constantly looking at other cars on PistonHeads so something has to be done sooner or later! Maybe it will just be an additional Mx-5, who knows!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
The claws are out ay ;)

I would go for it. You got to whilst you can afford it now. :)

House deposit can come after can't it. I would go for the mx-5 though as I bet it's a right laugh and fun to drive in.

House deposit on what, a shoebox?! Spending 10k on a car that will maintain that value for the time being is hardly mental.
You can get a 5% deposit on some really nice new builds... :S

You can't talk after spending that on an A3
smiley4.gif
As for me buying an Audi - yeah, and that was subtle way of saying don't make my silly mistake. If I could go back in time, I would have saved for a house deposit whilst I lived with my parents because that would have been so easy! Now I live alone, I spend 2k a month on bills, car finance, etc - saving for a deposit is tough and means I wont get onto the property ladder until at least next summer.

Was just giving you some friendly advice Matt, as we are/were in a very similar situation. Didn't expect you to be an eejit about it! Next time I wont bother. Nice one man.

Last edited:
You can get a 5% deposit on some really nice new builds... :S

As for me buying an Audi - yeah, and that was subtle way of saying don't make my silly mistake. If I could go back in time, I would have saved for a house deposit whilst I lived with my parents because that would have been so easy! Now I live alone, I spend 2k a month on bills, car finance, etc - saving for a deposit is tough and means I wont get onto the property ladder until at least next summer.

Was just giving you some friendly advice Matt, as we are/were in a very similar situation. Didn't expect you to be an eejit about it! Next time I wont bother. Nice one man.

:eek: chill your beans it was a cheeky comment!

I know what you mean about the new builds though 5% is not really that much to save, but to be honest I am not that bothered about getting into mortgage payments at the moment, I'd rather enjoy a pretty "bill-less" life for a year or so and then think seriously, as the gf will be back at Uni anyway so paying for a house on my own wouldn't be fun nor practical!

And pay a woeful interest rate whilst doing it lol. Doing it all ATM.

If he can afford the car and still save then why not? They're holding value too unlike similar cars.

That was also my thinking, I wouldn't need to borrow a silly amount so could still save at the same time and as you've said, they are really not losing any value at the moment!

We'll have to see, I'd rather have some fun now rather than just save like a mofo, I'm comfortable where I am at the moment and that will only improve for a while so may as well make the most of it!

Decisions.

I like the sound of impreza's and sometimes how they look, but that's where it stops unfortunately!

There's also a bit of a bad image with them now as they're so cheap, but I've always wanted an S15 so that's the most likely scenario (that or an MX-5 with the Clio).

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'm just saying. My mate took me out in his Impreza the other week. 350bhp with launch control. I've never been so fast in a straight line! I do agree with the image thing though.

:) get an s15. Deffo get an s15 over mx-5 too.