ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sim Racing & Driving

So, since the AC thread went abit off-course, McGherkin suggested this having its own thread. So here it is :)

Just really for general chat/pics/vids of anything & everything to do with race sims etc.

Well I know what I'm spending the rest of this months wages on... :eek: Had a few plays of AC with a pad and my old XB360 wheel. It's good, but not great, and annoying to set up and control. The G27 has been tempting me for a while now and that photo has swayed me lol. It's just so awesome with the full H shifter and stuff.

Quick question @jackdanielsmom how does the H shifter fair on ETS2? Can you set up full range/splitter gear setups with it? Always wanted to try that out.
sburrell93 Do it! So far ive only played ETS2, AC & Dirt 3, but it gives a whole new level to the gameplay! Im still getting used to it, and im still ending up facing the wrong way out of most corners :p but its loads more fun haha.

As for the H-shifter on eurotruck, as mcgherkin said you can set it up to toggle between 1-6 & 7-12. I just use the sequential paddle shifter for it though, works for me :)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Yes! Awesome.

Used to have a Driving Force Pro but now rolling G25, and loving it. Sometimes add a Logic3 joystick for handbrake but not very often. I also end up driving keyboard a lot because I often can't be arsed to set everything up.

I'm a major Live For Speed addict, but I do also play a bit of RBR, Race 07, Assetto and so on. Spend most of my time either drifting or rallying these days lol.

Few pics...
lfs_00000955.bmp

lfs_00000087s.bmp

lfs_00000003.png

Would be great to set up a CS server or something similar.

Looks good mate, will look into getting LFS once ive mastered the basics. Chucked myself in the deep end with H-shifter, full clutch etc on Assetto and it was too much haha! I suppose trying to get used to the game aswell as a whole new control system is major. Rolling round using the paddle shifters atm, trying to get a feel for it before I try the H-shift again.

Dirt 3 is extremely good fun with a wheel though imo, havent got anything substantial to use as a handbrake though, so I bound it to the clutch pedal for when im running sequential haha!

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Would be well up for a server being set up.

Multiplayer failed hard this weekend in the world of Assetto Corsa.

If anyone sets something up I shall be in.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
How come multiplayer failed, No-one on? or was it buggy etc?

The multiplayer code had a conflict with the single player code and so single player would crash, they held the release back and so this weekend was spent waiting for an update that never arrive.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Used to play iRacing all the time, now i'm trying out simraceway.

Won $5 in a race yesterday!

Two 0 Shitx
Used to be a massive LFS freak aswell! Haha did every league race including the MoE 24hr, had a few WR's and stuff but don't think i've touched it since 2010 and it still hasn't had an update in that time, now im a bit older i just to the casual console stuff now and then, i do really miss it sometimes, sounds really sad but some of my best childhood memories were on that game! I've had a bit of a look at other stuff but none of it has grabbed me at all, including iRacing so i just quit altogether. And for anyone that tries LFS now it isn't a patch on what it used to be...

Think this is the only thing i have of me regarding pictures and things.

http://youtu.be/7aeNu8bokaw

also for anyone that is interested valteri bottas used to play it quite a bit, i was teammates with him for a short time.

Last edited:

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Agreed, there's not nearly as much on as there used to be, and what is on isn't as good, but there's still enough on to make it worth it IMO.

This was my first win on iRacing, coincidentally a year ago today. Haven't played it much lately due to a house move, but have kept up with new updates. Love the "RUF" GT3 Cup car and the British circuits. They've got Croft, Snetterton and Thruxton on WIP for release one day..

Couple of RUF vids too, nothing special (my G27 is set to 360 degree rotation, but the arm graphics only go 180).

Last edited by a moderator:
The G27s packed in i think! :(

Shifter & pedals work, but it wont pick the wheel up! tried all the connections, different usb ports, new fuses in the plug, off & on again, nothing. doesnt even pick it up on the logitech software!

Getting in touch with Logitech now me thinks

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
The G27s packed in i think! :(

Shifter & pedals work, but it wont pick the wheel up! tried all the connections, different usb ports, new fuses in the plug, off & on again, nothing. doesnt even pick it up on the logitech software!

Getting in touch with Logitech now me thinks

That's what I was afraid of, I read a good number of reviews which said about technical issues.

That's what I was afraid of, I read a good number of reviews which said about technical issues.

I should of really. I dont think i'll be going near logitech again in the future, I've owned 2 G35s & this G27 and they've all failed in some way. Just unsure of another decent wheel in that price range..

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
To be fair, the G27 is usually regarded as being bombproof.

Mine has done well over 800 Hours and i'm as ham fisted as you like. I also dropped it off the table a few times, still works.

My G25 actually broke. That was because of the PCB's got burned out when my PSU failed and surged the whole pc.

Fanatic are good, the wheel is apparently on par with the G27 although its a little vague on center. The pedals however are a lot better than those with the G27. They work off load cell rather than potentiometers.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
My G25 works fine. For 5 years my DFP was used on a daily basis, usually drifting or rallying for a couple of hours, without ever breaking. It only went when I got the G25.

Yeah must have just been unlucky, sucks though as Ive only used it 4/5 times!

Just my luck really, Logitech should be able to replace it out of warranty though

Renaultsport Clio V6
This is my set up,

image.jpg

and some drifting in Asseto Corsa.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing short term but one day I'd like to pick up a rolling shell cheap and build a full rig. Surprisingly cheap until you start looking at displays.

That would be pretty epic.

Its a shame im stuck for space, its annoying having to unpack & setup the G27 everytime i want to use it. I do like the idea of getting one of those chair & frame setups but again, no space to keep it! Need to move out :rasp:

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
You can get folding ones now, I'll have a look when I get home as I can't remember the name but it's been reviewed and apparently it's not too bad.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Pro gauge has arrived.
Photo%2011-06-2014%2007%2030%2045%20pm.png

That's about as far as I've got so far. The actual connections on the gauges don't even slightly match up with the pinouts renault provide.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Why? It's come on with the ABS light, I don't know why or what sort of signal it needs to turn it off though so it may end up being on forever anyway.

The pro gauge has outputs for six dials excluding the speedo and rev counter, so that's the fuel and temp dials plus I'll try hooking up lights but I doubt it'll work.

I'm still trying to get some kind of response from any of the dials but it's not easy.

Last edited:

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Looks very cool/complicated!

I built a bit of a rig out of an old kitchen cabinet using the factory seat from my Punto. Has a H pattern and sequential shifter mounted on it all the time for swapping between easily. Only got a PS3 and 360 hooked up to it though as its in my garage out of the way. Not sure I fancy dragging my desktop computer out there to play on but I guess it wouldn't be too difficult.

I could do with fitting some sort of rumble setup to it next I think, no idea where to start with that though!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
OK, so I've had another fiddle with the dials, here's what I've got 'working' so far (well, what I've found the circuits for);

Handbrake Light
Left/Right indicators
Immobiliser light
High Beam Light
Front Fog Light
Rear Fog Light
Trip computer/ABS light
Backlight illumination

Not tried to get a reading off the dials yet.

OK, so I've had another fiddle with the dials, here's what I've got 'working' so far (well, what I've found the circuits for);

Handbrake Light
Left/Right indicators
Immobiliser light
High Beam Light
Front Fog Light
Rear Fog Light
Trip computer/ABS light
Backlight illumination

Not tried to get a reading off the dials yet.

^^ Whats that screenshot from?

Good job with the dials, will be ace when you've worked them out.