ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sim Rigs - Let’s see yours

Clio
Day 273........

You'll never believe this, just checking my emails as I won free gift on the postcode lottery and if my double burger press wasn't good enough another email popped up.

Thank you for your inquiry.
Please accept our sincere apology for the delay in getting back to you.
Please be advised that we have created a new order to reship the CSL DD (5 Nm) for you as soon as possible.
It should be shipped out by our warehouse shortly via UPS.
You can check your order in your Fanatec account as your tracking information will be uploaded there once it has left our warehouse.
We thank you for your patience.

Now I know this doesn't mean anything at this point but at least I'll have a new order to email about.

e412b671-96ab-4a91-abe0-99ad173f5ad5_text.gif

Clio
Anyone who has the GT Omega Prime Lite can they tell me if the seat hangs over the back of the frame?

Dimensions give a length of 137cm and I have a current length of around 150cm I want to fit it in. I'm only little at 5'10 so not expecting the seat right back.
1717494798478.png

Also, on the monitor stand is there any benefit in going for the profile over the cheaper portable? Profile seems a bit overkill for a single monitor and as its free standing.

I also assume that the monitor stand will sit over the pedals so not add any length to the setup?

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Are you just going to be doing sim racing, or do you need something expandable like the prime?

I’m really happy with the Titan, and it’s soooooo much easier to put together than a Prime.

Guess it depends how far you want to take it 👍

image.jpg

Clio
Now that’s express delivery. Finally!
It all comes to those who wait. Excited but need to attach it to my desk for the time being, so less excited.

Once I confirm all is good I will be in touch for some compensation. Will suggest either the load cell pedal or booster pack would be sufficient and I'll tell the world how great their customer service was in resolving the issue.
Dare you to say it arrived with an empty box
Too heavy for an empty box... breeze block

Clio
Set it up tonight, After an hour of updating the drivers and having a few panics where it just sat there saying "please wait" until I decided this isn't right so cancelled after a "you don't want to be cancelling this mate" message I finally got it all updated.

Then took me 20 minutes to figure out it needed to be in xBox mode to play Forza.

Mounted it to my work desk and anyway, desk shook to death, pedals kept moving and I kept crashing (probably me). Packed it away now and will probably not bother getting it back out until I sort the rig.

Decision is, going away end of June for a fortnight, GT Omega out of stock until at least 14th June so probably going to be packed away now until end of July. Then again what is another 50 days when you've waited 280.

All a bit of an anti climax

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Yeahhh having a direct drive wheel on a normal desk isn’t the best. Takes a bit of getting used to, as well.

Just ordered a 330mm rim, bit closer to the wheels I’m used to IRL compared to the stock 280mm flat bottom rim on the ES.
IMG_6394.jpeg