ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sim180 or ep801?

Clio 182, Astra Sri
This week is rotary purchase week. Gonna go for it

I like the sound of the ep801
I like the sound of the sim180

Which one and why?

I have used a silverline, festool, and a 3m rotary

The 3m felt the best but they can't be bought for my budget of £100

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Still contemplating the silverline, I'll have money left over for more products then and a backing plate. Will I regret not getting the ep801?

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
The only problem I have with the EP801 is the ergonomics of the speed - on/off switch. You can't get better for the money though!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The only problem I have with the EP801 is the ergonomics of the speed - on/off switch. You can't get better for the money though!

That's the ep800 mate. 801 is the new one.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it was actually out in Europe when CYC went cheap ass and sold us the 800 even though the better machine was on the market. Never forgave that! :eek:

Christ will you stop tempting me, Kev. I've got two straight days with the Silverline on Friday and Saturday!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I would have sent you the 3M down. Silverline might be slightly better for heavy correction on flat panel due to weight like the Makita.

Yeah bonnet and roof are no worries. It's the flanks that really take their toll on my. Might give the R8 an Amigo/Glasuring (no polishing) to let me arms cool down lol. DA heaven!