ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sitting Pretty; My Flamer.

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Absolutely stunning! Well done mate, looks like you've put alot of time and effort into this.

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Very nice indeed. Photos really show off how nice the colour is and how well the black goes with it

A Flamin' Red one
Thanks for all of the comments!

For those that wanted to know, it's on V-Maxx coilovers, a degree of camber on the front but as to how low... no idea! I've been winding the front down progressivley over the past few months untill happy with the height, and I now I'm happy.

I only cleaned the car with some Chemical Guys - Bodywash and Wax this time around although over the winter months I have built up a good few layers of Clearkote Polish (I forget the full title), Clearkote Vanilla Moose Wax Hand Glaze and a coat of Collinite No. 476S - Super Doublecoat Auto Wax and Chemical Guys Blitz Spray Sealant. I snow foam using the Chemical Guys Bodywash and a small volume of Megs APC.

:)

White ds3
love it the best looking 172 on the forum mabe even the nicest clio. how do you find black wheels lol i find them a t**t to keep clean???

Last edited:
  b/g 182, meg tourer
very clean! looks amazing.
would be perfect if the back was raised by 15mm and the front by 10mm. imo of course. suspension just looks a little on the broken side.

A Flamin' Red one
Beautiful Johnny, clean mine. Think I saw you the other day by Reigate college traffic lights? dunno if you saw me

Sorry chap, just noticed your post.

I can't say I did see you but then I'd have been focussed on getting to or from work if you saw me by those traffic lights!

Hope you're well? I was laughing the other day funnily enough about that lift you gave my friend and I one evening from Reigate to Redhill!

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
uuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, this would look good nxt 2betty :)

lush is that boyo

Clio MK2 Phase 1 172
Sorry chap, just noticed your post.

I can't say I did see you but then I'd have been focussed on getting to or from work if you saw me by those traffic lights!

Hope you're well? I was laughing the other day funnily enough about that lift you gave my friend and I one evening from Reigate to Redhill!

Ha ha that was when i had those s**t tyres on. Handbrake turns round corners in front of police vans FTL. Then your mate telling the copper he was 7ft 1 haha

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Thats proper awesome, not only had it made me like my 5 spokes again but makes me wish I'd got a flamer! :eek:

A Flamin' Red one
looks nice as always mate, bet the potholes round our way are a nightmare in your car?

They certainly keep me... alert. Have you seen the state of the pedestrian crossing from Reigate College, at the traffic lights leading into the Reigate one-way system?! It's like dodgems over those.

Thats proper awesome, not only had it made me like my 5 spokes again but makes me wish I'd got a flamer! :eek:

Thanks chap. Why did you ever go off the five-spokes? I've always thought they suit a nicely lowered 172 far better than Turninis. Visually, they just seem to fill the arches better, if you get me?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Thanks chap. Why did you ever go off the five-spokes? I've always thought they suit a nicely lowered 172 far better than Turninis. Visually, they just seem to fill the arches better, if you get me?

I think its just because its sitting too high at the moment - I can see the potential lowered though hence the reason it'll be decked soon enough :)

SSL11075.jpg

A Flamin' Red one
Looks tidy does that. Have a search for 'Slammed172' (I think I have that correct). His 172 is much the same as yours but slammed on it's arse. He went to Turinis but find a picture before hand on the five-spokes and you'll wonder even more why you went off them. Silver on silver works well IMO.

Italian 3.2 V6
Lovely!

Flame red is a lovely colour to clean. Miss my old flamer.

Last edited by a moderator:
  A Flamin' Red one
They certainly keep me... alert. Have you seen the state of the pedestrian crossing from Reigate College, at the traffic lights leading into the Reigate one-way system?! It's like dodgems over those.

Haha, i forgot about that! I think we even managed to make the police officer laugh!

How is the motor these days anyway? Any further progress on it?

182 Trophy
best 172 i've seen so far, truly stunning and shows how good looking clio's are when on coilies.