ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky + HD help..

RS6 C7
Hello,

I'm staying at a friends house this week while he is on holiday, its not been going too well to be honest ( see my other cat thread)

The sky box has just froze and wouldn't respond to any commands from the remote, i turned it off and on, on the box but when it came back on the picture was no longer HD, I've checked the settings and all seems right.

The sky box was only installed last week, it's a sky plus hd 1tb. The tv picture is perfect from other sources like blu ray player etc.

I've tried removing the viewing card but the channel continued showing even with the sky box removed..

Any ideas.?

Lol. I'd just go back home mate.

As you sure what you're watching is actually HD? Not everything on the HD channels is.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
the channel will stay clear for a few seconds whilst the car is removed as the code hasnt yet changed (they change about ever 30 seconds). things to check are (and these might sound obvious but...):

1. Are you on a HD channel?
2. Are you using the correct input on the TV? (i.e HDMI and not Scart)?
3. Is the program your trying to watch atcually in HD?

If none of these fix anything, pleas eindicate how you know its not shoing in HD...

RS6 C7
I do know how to use sky you know.. The menu is really fuzzy, the picture is worse than a 20 year old box tv. I've looked at the hd channels and they look appalling.

The input is showing as HDMI.

SQ5
Remove power lead

Hold back up on box

Insert power lead

Keep holding back up until you see all the lights come on.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Try reseating the hdmi cable

Make sure the res in the menu is set to 1080i

Sure someone else posted about a similar issue on here in the last month.

RS6 C7
I've fixed it:) he has a scart and a HDMI in the back of the sky box, when I turned the sky box on it was showing through the scart cable. God knows why anyone needs scary cables.

His tv setup is ridiculous, there is so much stuff plugged in.