ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky HD... or HD in general

VaVa
Well I feel the same as Jon... I begrudge giving the f*****s any more money. I pay them about £55 a month as it is... so another £300 for an HD box plus an extra £10 a month was never going to happen!

EDIT - Back to Scutchs original question, seeing HD at a mates house made me want it instantly. lol

That and the shocking variation in the quality of the SD transmissions. Sometimes the picture is great.... Other times shocking. I watched a film on box office that looked like a f**king pirate copy lol.

Last edited:
Well, my Sky HD box was £99 + £30 installation ;) (Had Sky+ before)

(Actually, it was £0, as it was a present.. but it only cost them £129 ;))

Mega-Awesome-Super-Smashing-Great.

Mercedes C Class Sport
Films and Sports are a joke how good they are in HD, the other channels like C4 are a bit gash really but for the sports I'd upgrade...plus the remotes alot better!

RIP Dan
Must say that i have seen it on a mates TV and its is really good.

Thats why i want it but dont want to pay too much.

I pay around 18.50 per motnh at the mo.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

So if you own Sky+, the price of HD is reduced??

A4 Avant
I've not heard of anyone get the deal that Daz did.

Sky wouldn't budge from £250 for me unless I took out sky broadband and sky talk. This got me £50 off. As an existing customer thye wanted £150 for a sky+ box, so for an extra £50 I got HD.

As I said earlier you WILL have to pay the £60 installation fee.

If I were new to Sky or my sky+ box had broken I'd definately upgrade to sky HD, if my sky+ box was fine I wouldn't spend the extra cash.

MINI Cooper S

Who was that deal from? Sky? we have 2 Sky+ box's now and we want 2 sky HD box's, they want £249 for each one :S saying we cant get the £99 deals because we are not a new customer...

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I phoned them up. They can offer Sky HD for £199 plus the £60 installation fee.

They will also put our Sky+ box upstairs for multiroom (replacing the current standard Sky box) for free.

Will I be able to knock them down from £199 for the HD box? They seemed pretty sure they wouldnt knock it down.

My Sky HD was through Comet - they did an offer at Christmas, that HD was £99 (box) and £30 (install) if you took Sky Talk out. Sky Talk is £0 a month for the basic package on a standard BT line. :)

I doubt you'll get Sky to drop the price.

;)

CS Dungeon
Sky are complete to55bags!

I called up to threaten with cancellation over the shite quality of normal tv since HD become avaliable and was told it was all in mind when I accused them of slowly degrading the normal service.
I currently pay £70 a month to sky and refused there Sky HD deal for existing customers of £200

I got 4 months at half price as the best they could do.............£70/2 = £35. 4 x £35 is £140

Is it not in there interest to just give me a HD box for £100/150 and keep me sweet while i'm paying best part of £70 per month?

Anyway, ended up buying a HD box off of ebay for £135, installed it myself for free and just pay the extra tenner subscription to sky..........only after removing multiroom (Saved £10pm), lowering my broadband speed (Saved £10pm), losing the movies (saved £5pm) and taking off there phone service (saved £10pm) off of our package.

Sold my Sky+ box on ebay for £53

So for the sake of a few quid Sky have lost £35 per month............if only virgin media was half decent, then Sky would be forced to move on prices, especially for existing customers

£35 a month is nothing to Sky.. and once they let one person have it really cheap, they open themselves up to all sorts of trouble.. which is why they don't bother.

CS Dungeon
£35 a month is nothing to Sky.. and once they let one person have it really cheap, they open themselves up to all sorts of trouble.. which is why they don't bother.

No but £35 x 12 is £420 a year..........Double the price of a HD box

10 customers get fucked off and do the same as me = £4200

100 people £42,000

1000 people £420,000

Never had this issue with Sky+, was £199 iirc to new customers or £100 to existing customers.........this I was more then happy to pay

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Think I shall be ordering said HD later this evening, as Sky have just re-imbursed us £208 for charging too much over a period of several months for Multiroom :)

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
depends pon the quality of your tv. me and my mate both have it - the HD pictures on his are much better than mine. I'm thinking of sticking the HD in the bedroom and bringing the normal sky digital box down stairs - Bang & Olufsen is a much better, clearer screen.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Like I said, I've got a Panasonic 42" Plasma TV, and its pretty hawt.

Ordered last night anyway. £250, plus Sky+ in the bedroom and a new dish installed. All next Tuesday. FTW!