ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SKY PLUS reconditioned boxes

2003 MR2 Roadster
HAs anyone else had problems with their SKY Plus Box?

Ours went out of warrenty last Jan and suprise suprise the box f**ked up a week later (after Sky had called us asking if we wanted extra warrenty!).

Anyway, after numerous phone calls they sent an engineer who replaced the box with a reconditioned one at a cost of £60. We got 1 month warrenty on this but this tied us into another 12 month contract with the cowboys!!.

The box was instatly making a loud noise (the HDD). The engineer said this was normal (yeh right!). Live pause never works, the box constantly freezes etc.

When the contract ends in March I am telling them to go jump!!
We dont have Cable so what other choices do we have?..Is Virgin an alternative?

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
Same thing happened to us, but our multiroom box also went tits up within a week of the Sky+ one.

2003 MR2 Roadster
I'm sure they have some remote "fu** your box up" facility..

I work in IT and know that things can be done to countdown the life of certain devices (usually just after the warranty ends!).

grrr

So, whats this Virgin thing all about?..

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Virgin Media is cable.....

NTL / Blueyonder (Telewest) are now using the Virgin Media Name.

Check out there site. If you say you cant get cable then you probably still cant. Looks like your alternative will be Freeview....

dk

911 GTS Cab
I'm sure they have some remote "fu** your box up" facility..

I work in IT and know that things can be done to countdown the life of certain devices (usually just after the warranty ends!).

grrr

So, whats this Virgin thing all about?..
lol, what products do you know from IT that have their life shortened after the warranty has expired, thats ridiculous, if they were found out they would be in big trouble!

2003 MR2 Roadster
I wont give specific manufacturers etc but lets just say most of the big players are into it in some way or another.

2003 MR2 Roadster
Looks as though I will have to settle for Freeview. It means that I will have to rape the torrents online and burn em to disc (or to a Lifebox).