ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky+/ Sky HD?

182 FF Inferno
Currently going through the process of buying our first house:D:D:D:D. No date yet but its looking like early next month.

Going to be wanting Sky, probably full package including calls, line rental, and broadband.

Couple of q's: people on here must have the same setup, what you all paying per month??

Also, the house we are buying already has a Sky dish installed. According to the HIPS pack the current owner is taking it with them. Is it worth talking her round and leaving it??

Lastly, is SkyHD worth going for over standard Sky+?

All the channels plus SkyHD (extra £10) is about £60ish. Not sure on line/broadband, but you'll need a BT line I imagie.

SkyHD is a lot better. Ignore anyone that says different.

Evo 8 MR
My parents are paying £65 a month for Sky+ and two multiroom boxes, all channels except HD ones. Robbery if you ask me, sky are robbing gets, I would never pay it. Go with Virgin if the house has cable.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I know you said you want Sky, but just to give you options, we have VM.

2 V+ boxes, 1 regular box
TV XL (so everything bar Sky Movies & Sports)
10Mb BB
and phone line

£48 a month

330i. E30 Touring.
Sky always is, and always has been far superior to any of it's competitors. They're market leaders for a reason.

HD is bang on, once you get used to the new menu thingy.

A4 Avant
I wouldn't worry about them taking the dish. As your a new customer sky shall insist on installation so you'll get a new disk anyway.

Sky HD is much better, but I'd only pay extra if your havin movies or sports.

The sky site has a brilliant calculator for working out monthly costs. You can even pay your phone line rental to sky rather than bt, so you only have one direct debit.

Iceberg Ph1
Avoid Sky+, the boxes are riddled with bugs, even the newer updated versions, Sky HD is more refined and works perfectly, the new menu update as mentioned is superb.. Have Sky HD, Sky+, BB plus all channels, except Sports and its about £50 a month, not to bad actually! Virgin is ok, but their BB can be a bit iffy, V Boxes can go wrong big time and cus services are useless!

182 FF Inferno
I wouldn't worry about them taking the dish. As your a new customer sky shall insist on installation so you'll get a new disk anyway.

Sky HD is much better, but I'd only pay extra if your havin movies or sports.

The sky site has a brilliant calculator for working out monthly costs. You can even pay your phone line rental to sky rather than bt, so you only have one direct debit.

Thats the main reason for wanting everything through Sky- less hassle with direct debits. I'd want the sports, sure gf would want movies.

The house has a phoneline so I guess it will be a case of ringing Sky up and booking in an installation?? (obv once a move date is known)

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Avoid Sky+, the boxes are riddled with bugs, even the newer updated versions, Sky HD is more refined and works perfectly, the new menu update as mentioned is superb.. Have Sky HD, Sky+, BB plus all channels, except Sports and its about £50 a month, not to bad actually! Virgin is ok, but their BB can be a bit iffy, V Boxes can go wrong big time and cus services are useless!

I'm not saying your wrong, but, you will find that people say the same about Sky.

182 FF Inferno
I'm not saying your wrong, but, you will find that people say the same about Sky.

I've heard Sky bb can be a bit patchy. Not a massive net user so shouldn't really be a problem. As for customer services, there all useless since they been outsourced to outer mongolia!!!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
You will hear it about all companies from die hard fans of their competitors. Christ, people think the sun shines out of Apples arse, but there will be people out there who have had bad experiences and think they are crap.

Leon Cupra 300
I've just got it all put in a couple days ago, phone line will be anohter 3 weeks though, then BB will be anohter week on that! gay having to wait but it's handy all being on one DD.

As said go online to see the prices it's good... i've got HD which is really good, will be adding movies to it though to make it more worth-while!

330ci Conv
Just got free HD box with free HD for 12 months (no £10 fee), free install all channels (All 6 packs, Sports and Movies) and ESPN for £33 for 12 months. Without ESPN it would of been £24 per month

330ci Conv
If you know someone who works for Sky talk to them. Every now and then they will get a deal for up to 5 people. Got this deal through a friends friend