ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Slack alternator belt cause this

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

In first booted it and heard a scrapping of metal.

After letting the turbo spin down, turned it off and the blades jus b4 the pullie which the belt goes round had bent over and worked away the edge of my alternator belt.

Is this down to it being slack and forcing the pullie as it revved up?

I cant think how the belt has caused the blades which it shoudlnt come into contact with bend out though. :confused:

Ive just bent the blade edges back and will get a new belt and fit it as tight as i can this time.

indeed Rajk has a good suggestion.

Also see if they rubber mounted it. Its solid on the cvh not the squidgy rubbr mounts you get on some alts.

clio williams, Ph1 172

Yeah hehe. I said that too Ben. Didn;t all Ford stand in a field 2 foot deep in water for months before they sold em? hehe. Thats why they rot so quick lol.

the 80s fords used steel from sunken WW2 battleships. They took some of the boats out of scappa flow in orkney actually.

Thats why they rot.