ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sleeping with phone next to bed

Yellow 197
What is everyones thoughts with sleeping with your phone charging next to the bed for 8 hours a night?

And also say having a wireless router broadcasting too?

I cant find any substantial evidence through google saying it is doing any damage but what is everyones thoughts on the matter?

Can phone signals/wireless broadcasts and sleeping with the phone next to the bed cause cancer and other long term illnesses?

The research I have done suggests not but a few people I know recently are adamant it is doing damage but based on thre evidence I have read up about I disagree with them...

Thoughts?

330i. E30 Touring.
Yep, most people are guinea pigs for this. in the last 15 years, we would have some evidence if it was doing anything harmful.

Yellow 197
Thats what I have said to them the only evidence I can find is that it has proven to raise body temperature by 0.02 degrees which is nothing

No clear driven evidence or studies linking it to illness

All I keep hearing is oh we will see in 50 years

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
it was a big thing in the news years ago (mid to late 90's) when mobiles became more available to everyone that regular usage would melt your brain so to speak. Back then if you used a mobile next to most other electronic devices you used to get interference. The radio signal interruption just prior to a call coming through was a good one.

I was pretty late to the mobile phone revolution and all the news reports had faded away by then.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
These are the same fucktards that complain living near a mobile phone mast gives them migraines, brain cancer and all that f**king b****cks??

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I work next to a phone mast. Does that mean I'm practically dead?

20160913_175417.jpg

Saying that, I also have a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, which news reports have reported that they blow up! Damn, I'm a dead man walking.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
My crazy ex used to rant and rave about this. Saying you sleep worse, you get ill blah blah blah.

I tried sleeping with my phone away from me for a while and noticed no difference.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
These are the same fucktards that complain living near a mobile phone mast gives them migraines, brain cancer and all that f**king b****cks??

I remember Johnny Vaughan saying on Big Breakfast that he still used a pager because he'd get a massive headache a few seconds before his phone would ring :grimacing:

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
It's the Samsung note that blows up isn't it ? Am I safe with a Normal S7

Yes, it's the note that's had the reported problems. I've not seen anything about the S7's.............yet.

About the topic on hand, if any real problems could be had by these devices then I'm fucked. I have an implanted device (a defibrillator) that transmits a wireless signal actually in my body - no getting away from that. I'm sure if wifi and mobile signals were a real problem they wouldn't have put a device that uses the same technology inside me!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yes, it's the note that's had the reported problems. I've not seen anything about the S7's.............yet.

About the topic on hand, if any real problems could be had by these devices then I'm fucked. I have an implanted device (a defibrillator) that transmits a wireless signal actually in my body - no getting away from that. I'm sure if wifi and mobile signals were a real problem they wouldn't have put a device that uses the same technology inside me!

Well they would? As guess without the defibrillator you'd die or be very ill?

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Well they would? As guess without the defibrillator you'd die or be very ill?

I'd have a much higher chance of dying than most people yes, but I'm sure I'd have been given warnings or at least some sort of information if the device was in any way capable of causing me harm.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Awkward bed position, against the plug socket and I like to face the wall when sleeping. I could probably just charge my phone out of reach to be honest!
b****cks to having your phone under your pillow while you sleep.

Get a USB extension cable and put it miles away from your head.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Tbh the distraction from late night use of bright screens, flashing notification lights and any noise messing with your sleep patterns is a far bigger issue than the signal imho

Don't people use 'quiet time' or 'silent time'??

I remember Johnny Vaughan saying on Big Breakfast that he still used a pager because he'd get a massive headache a few seconds before his phone would ring :grimacing:

Thats probably more to do with him being completely full of s**t than anything I'd imagine.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
My phone gets switched off and left in the kitchen on charge.

Fcuk having PPI call me or some other stupid cnut in the middle of the night.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
There have been a lot of extensive studies done on mobile phone radiation which have found no issue at all.

Electrosensitivity is horrible for people who have it, but all the evidence shows it's psychological.