ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

slight bounce at 2k revs

BG 182
my car has started to do a little sort of stutter/bounce (cant really describe it) when accelerating mainly in second/third and around 2000 revs its not for long though. Im sure its not being in wrong gear because its never done this before. to then add to it the engine management light started flashing while I was driving but only for around 5 seconds. any ideas if these are related?

Cheers

BG 182
just sits around 1 when idleing. at first I thought it was just because the engine was cold but it can happen when its showing two bars for engine temp

Change the coil pack, or get a diagnostics...

Easy job to do yourself, 4 bolts off the coil pack, lifts off, then pull each coil out and replace in the right order.

I had to change it on my grandads clio and my clio (1.2) same symptoms, drives ok but try and accelerate in 2nd or 3rd and it will struggle and misfire.