ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sluggish 182 compared to one that's done double the miles?

Clio 2 172
It'll be okay to drive, just under powered, if it was going to bend a valve it'd have done it by now.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
If its running ok and you only noted a nominal difference in power there should be no long term damage being caused. It could just be fluke - some cars make more power than others.

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
AMC Motor Engineering in Paignton (https://www.amcmotorengineering.co.uk/)

Has owned many Renaults in his time (Andy) and has done numerous cam belts on some of the local 17/182's. Formerly into his Renault 5 turbos but owned a 320bhp Clio Turbo so knows what he is doing. Have trusted him to replace the cam belt on mine twice now and the car has covered 132,000 miles without fail (aux belt is another story but not down to his workmanship!).

SJM / Ktec both very busy for any kind of service work so give Andy a call and get him to have a look.

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
That's good to know at least I can still get to work in it :smile:

I ran mine after minor valve / piston collision for approximately 5,000 miles and it sounded and ran fine until it finally gave up the ghost!

FF Clio 182
AMC Motor Engineering in Paignton (https://www.amcmotorengineering.co.uk/)

Has owned many Renaults in his time (Andy) and has done numerous cam belts on some of the local 17/182's. Formerly into his Renault 5 turbos but owned a 320bhp Clio Turbo so knows what he is doing. Have trusted him to replace the cam belt on mine twice now and the car has covered 132,000 miles without fail (aux belt is another story but not down to his workmanship!).

SJM / Ktec both very busy for any kind of service work so give Andy a call and get him to have a look.

Thanks will ping an email over :) Any idea on price? PM if you want?

I ran mine after minor valve / piston collision for approximately 5,000 miles and it sounded and ran fine until it finally gave up the ghost!

Yikes your'e a braver man than me 😂

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
He charges approx. £50 per hour I think but that is the usual going rate for a decent garage.

Let him know you have spoken to me and he might just get it in for a look first and if it needs any work he will give you a quote. Not too far over the bridge to Devon either :)

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Thanks will ping an email over :smile: Any idea on price? PM if you want?

Yikes your'e a braver man than me 😂

My insurance company paid for the rebuild as an object came up off the road and smashed the cam belt cover, winner!

FF Clio 182
He charges approx. £50 per hour I think but that is the usual going rate for a decent garage.

Let him know you have spoken to me and he might just get it in for a look first and if it needs any work he will give you a quote. Not too far over the bridge to Devon either :smile:

Will do thanks dude :up:

My insurance company paid for the rebuild as an object came up off the road and smashed the cam belt cover, winner!

Ha! Jammy bugger :tonguewink: